BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent you an e-mail, thanks for everything!!! :)

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Ree, that is quite a collection of Smith plugs. But I know you have more then that.;) I keep reading about those teasers you tie. How long have you been tying and who taught you? Just curious I started last winter and have caught some fish o the ones I've tied, but my teasers look crappy.

·
Banned
2,542 Posts
Fishenough said:
Ree, that is quite a collection of Smith plugs. But I know you have more then that.;) I keep reading about those teasers you tie. How long have you been tying and who taught you? Just curious I started last winter and have caught some fish o the ones I've tied, but my teasers look crappy.
Yeah, love my Smiths!!! Half of them came from Mullaney ( thank you again Mullaney). Of course, the baby striper is my favorite!!!;) It was my birthday present.:D

As far as the teasers go, I pretty much taught myself. Brian gave me a bunch of his for patterns, and off I went. Wasted lots of money and time in the beginning, but like the old saying goes, "Practice makes perfect"...Even though they are very far from being perfect!;)

I have a little travel vise that I use, and still have no clue how to use half the tools that came with it!!! But, I manage. To date, I have only caught one thing on my teasers, and it was a little fluke. Not sure if anyone else has had any success with them.

I have been working really hard on some stuff for the fall, and I got one word for ya : EELS!!!! :D C'mon FALL!!!!;) :p :D

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!!! :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
If you remember correctly something liked your teaser so much that day we were out in the bay. That it took it and kept on going. Maybe I should learn to tie a better not or go to a stronger line. Either way I think we proved that day that fish like your teasers perfectly well!

·
Banned
2,542 Posts
BottomBouncer said:
If you remember correctly something liked your teaser so much that day we were out in the bay. That it took it and kept on going. Maybe I should learn to tie a better not or go to a stronger line. Either way I think we proved that day that fish like your teasers perfectly well!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!!! Coulda been a lil' snapper that bit 'er off, no telling....:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts