BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to use a stella 4000 fd fishing for grouper and amberjack in fla. I thought it was one of the best reels i've ever used. I really want one, but the prices are tough to justify for spinning gear! Question 1 for stella owners and users is; Are they worth the money and why? Question 2 is; Where did you buy yours and how much was it?

· Registered
9,252 Posts
the sargosa is a great reel, if money is an issue i would go with the sargosa, i've used both on custom jigging set ups and they are both phenomenal reels, but i liked the sargosa just as much as the stella in regards to smoothness and balance.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
They are worth the money if you are targeting large tuna and other big pelagics. They are the only spinning reel I haven't really heard of failing. I am sure a few have but I haven't heard it. I have heard of multiple saragosa's not lasting on tuna but they still are pretty nice.

For less intense species if you like using a super smooth reel with an amazing drag and you don't mind spending the extra money then go for it but they are in no way necessary.

I bought two FA's when they were discontinued for a great price. I also bought one brand new SW on Ebay.

I had the opportunity to use a stella 4000 fd fishing for grouper and amberjack in fla. I thought it was one of the best reels i've ever used. I really want one, but the prices are tough to justify for spinning gear! Question 1 for stella owners and users is; Are they worth the money and why? Question 2 is; Where did you buy yours and how much was it?

· Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the sargosa is a great reel, if money is an issue i would go with the sargosa, I've used both on custom jigging set ups and they are both phenomenal reels, but i liked the sargosa just as much as the Stella in regards to smoothness and balance.
Thats the back up plan if this male stripper gig doesn't work out:D

They are worth the money if you are targeting large tuna and other big pelagic. They are the only spinning reel I haven't really heard of failing. I am sure a few have but I haven't heard it. I have heard of multiple saragosa's not lasting on tuna but they still are pretty nice.

For less intense species if you like using a super smooth reel with an amazing drag and you don't mind spending the extra money then go for it but they are in no way necessary.

I bought two FA's when they were discontinued for a great price. I also bought one brand new SW on Ebay.
I would use it for pelagic as well as some back bay fish. I'm thinking the 3000 FD on a 7'6 gloomis greenwater would be the ultimate whop pin stick, that I could use anywhere for almost anything from footballs down. Thanks for the tip:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.