BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of buying the shimano torium 14 reel for drum, stripers mabey some wreak fishing. looked at one the other day. light in weight, high speed looks like a tough little reel. anyone have one of these, and can tell me how they like it.
thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
thanks for nothing

:mad: i thought that this site provided info not sarcasm at every post by someone who feels they don't give a ****.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
my time said:
thinking of buying the shimano torium 14 reel for drum, stripers mabey some wreak fishing. looked at one the other day. light in weight, high speed looks like a tough little reel. anyone have one of these, and can tell me how they like it.
thanks
I own a couple of the 16s, overall nice reels. I've been using mine for live-lining bunker. When I purchased the 16s, the 14s had not been out yet. One of the guys here has a couple 30s for sale, may be worth a look.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
excellant reels

my time said:
thanks
my time, I have two, use them for tog, stripers, flounders. Good power great speed. No problems so far. Like you said, nice & light. I also use the Avet's, another reel you might want to look at. They also are light & fast with great power. :) Haig

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
PortlyRedhead said:
Run a search on "Torium." This subject has been beaten to death.
As you can see "my time" is new to the site. he hasn't had the luxuary of seeing all the prior posts on this site so stop being a negitive person & help or shut-up. Haig

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Torium 30

I used a friend's 30 last month in the Keys deep dropping for grouper. It did nice work on a 30 lb black and a nice red. Will be looking to get one this year for tuna jigging.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
i like a little bigger one for stripers... go with the 20... its great for deep water fluking too.. you get an 80lb drum on the 14 it might be a while to get it to the boat

·
Registered
238 Posts
nando said:
:mad: i thought that this site provided info not sarcasm at every post by someone who feels they don't give a ****.
PortlyRedhead just wanted to say that lots of discussion has been around about Torium that I don't give a "S**T" about. I think you are sarcastic about someone's light saying. You don't have to take it negatively. I don't see anything wrong with his saying. He didn't try to put down anyone. Who provide info???? Nobody ! but YOU & everybody else!
Don't expect someone always provide you something tasteful only for you.
This is a site to exchange our ideas and helpful information about things we love. I am just saying as a mere barner.
He asked about Torium. I think it is for light fishing. I would choose Avet MX with a few dollars more with that you can use for lots of different kind of fishing. And you can use the reel for your life time. It is all machine cut far from the die-cast reel you see in Torium.

·
Registered
98 Posts
what are you talkin about?

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
I have a 16,bought it for Offshore Seabass,worked grest for thst next I will try it on the Big Ugly Wormy Basstards:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for all the great replys, will look again at the torium 20 this time, and mabey the avit mx.

thanks again

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I bought a Torium 14 for my sister last year. Spooled it with 40lb braid. Perfect for stripers, fluke and sea bass. I consider it a very nice reel for the money. I like it better than some of my more expensive stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts