BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Finchaser :naughty:- it has absolutely nothing to do with us not being able to make any money. It has to do with the fact that we needed to do the right thing by our vendors, who plan on having a certian amount of people to display and sell their products to. These companies go through a great deal of trouble to transport gear from their shops to the hall for a one day show. How would you feel is you were expecting a specific amount of people to come and only a fraction actually showed up? Knowing that in advance we had to make a tough decision and try to do the right thing by everyone ------ADDITIONALLY the hall we rent required a minimum number of people (they charge by the head) in order for us to rent the entire facility and at the three week point we regretfully had to cancel becuase it did not look like we were going to get to that number. Everyone who signed up has already received a full refund.

We have been running this event succesfuly for six years with sold out attendaces each year. Those that have attended in the past know that it was a great format and an enjoyable day. We will be coming back next season with a new format.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Capt Gene,
This would have made our 3 show; we look forwarded to it very year now. Hope all get worked out next year and the show is as successful as the past years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Gene,

What do you think the problem was? Bad economy?

We come to your show every year, but we'll be out of town this year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Gene
I guess I was a little short in my answer which you explained it in depth. I have done shows for over 30 years for major companies and attendance is the major factor. Companies especially in this economy can't afford to do the show when you throw in travel, accommodations,samples and products sold by vendors. When no one can make money or at least break even to cover expenses, the larger companies don't participate anymore as most have show budgets. A very honest and reputable move on your part to cancel do to lack of angler interest.

Sorry for any misunderstanding

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
We were planning on going and were just talking about firming it up. Sorry we didn't act sooner!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I was going to sign up just did not get around to it. I really wanted to go. I am sorry I did not sign up sooner. I thought I would miss it like I did last year cause it sold out. That sucks. I hope you guys try again next year. I really wanted to go to one of your shows but never could get the day off till this year. You guys always sold it out so quick, It really is a sign of the times...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts