BASS BARN banner

Should the President suspend habeas corpus and arrest those invading our borders?

• yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • no

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 9.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under our Constitution [Article 1, Section 9] we find "The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it."

We have seen how local public servants and judicial activists on our courts have ignored the very intentions of our Constitution, turned the Constitution into a suicide pack, and are now allowing our country to be overrun with the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries. The social and economic consequences of allowing this invasion to take place have been devastating to American citizens and their communities, and yet, our courts and local public servants continue to ignore the general welfare of the United States and her citizens by blocking every reasonable means to end this invasion in its tracks.

And so, the question ought to be discussed if it is reasonable for the president to suspend the writ of habeas corpus, as applied to the current invasion of our borders, which in turn would stop, among other impediments, judicial meddling when our president executes a fundamental duty written into our Constitution which is to repel invasions.

In exercising this power, not only can this swarm of invaders be detained indefinitely with minimal necessities for life, but those who actively ignore federal statutory law, such as 8 U.S. Code § 1324, [harboring] can likewise be arrested and immediately prosecuted for their criminal conduct.

Keep in mind extra ordinary circumstances sometime demand extraordinary actions. And under our present circumstances, where the flood of invaders has overwhelmed ordinary protective measures and policies designed to protect our borders and the general welfare of the United States and her citizens, and to such a degree that thousands upon thousands of foreigners are now being introduced into our population without knowing who they are or what their real motive are, it seems to be only a matter of self-preservation that our President suspend habeas corpus, with regard to immigration, and assume his responsibility to repel this ongoing invasion.

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue and then conquer a prosperous and freedom loving people than by allowing and encouraging the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries to invade that country, and make the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such invaders.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Really only 6 votes ? Cowards that don't stand for anything will fall for nothing , and that is what you will get a big nothing . Nancy and chuck are giving it to you right now .10 years from now we will be over run by these people from outside and the down ward spiral will drowned us all including them .

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Just saw this; voted yes, as I firmly believe that this falls under the heading of 'invasion'.

Reactions: Hardtop

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Done not sure how i missed this post.

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
There’s a big difference between people fleeing genocide or war torn countries locked in perpetual war, famine and disease compared to people who want jobs or a green card. I don’t have a problem letting people get a short term visa that have family here and are leaving countries I stated earlier but do it legally. Cuba dumped all of its problems on us in 1980 and that’s what South America is doing now. Venezuela was one of the richest countries in the world and look at what happened. It’s citizens did nothing to stop what was coming they were too euphoric on free stuff. These new invaders of the United States didn’t fight for their own country and citizens what would you think they would do here?

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
Some true freedom loving conservatives on the barn.
/s
Nothing stopping you from sponsoring a couple of families. If you have a couple of spare rooms or a garage that would be a start. Just like Bernie, Hillary, Waters and Sharpton to name a few. I bet all of their spare mansions are chock full of people wanting a piece of the American dream.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I don't want to see them arrested. That would only be additional economical drain on U.S. taxpayers which we absolutely cannot afford. Man the borders with troops and stop them from coming in at all.

Tell those camped out on the other side they are not getting in. Start offering transportation back to their homelands. They can spread the word that if one wants to get into the United States caravans won't work. Apply through proper channels and get in the proper line.

I voted yes to support the premise of the thread, stopping illegal immigration.

Reactions: Aquaman 29

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Nothing stopping you from sponsoring a couple of families. If you have a couple of spare rooms or a garage that would be a start. Just like Bernie, Hillary, Waters and Sharpton to name a few. I bet all of their spare mansions are chock full of people wanting a piece of the American dream.
True.

However, I want these people to be legally allowed to enter the United States and pay for themselves. Just because someone supports freedom of movement between PA and NJ does not mean that they would have to house any PA residents coming over.

·
Registered
18,377 Posts
The court should apply American Law to Americans and those here legally. All others should not get those benefits. Our immigration policy needs a major rework. Among other things, dual citizenship needs to end. If you’re a new immigrant and choose to become an American, your old passport and citizenship should be shredded. Someone who becomes an American, but keeps an exit strategy by being able to leave because they’re also a citizen somewhere else, really doesn’t have all their skin in the game. The consequences of their votes are not equal to those who cannot easily leave. They can do stupid things like vote for a Bernie or some other leftist, and leave when it fails. Why on earth do we want someone who is not fully accountable for their actions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts