BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jigged & trolled the Rocks w/ Bunker Spoons & Stretch 30's.
Water Temp:55, Dropped the lines at 3pm nothing but Blue Fish, all you wanted until 6:30pm the tide changed the current picked up and we got our first bass on the Bunker Spoon (Red/White) made two more passes and snagged the spoon on the bottom. We were marking fish on the bottom in 40' of water and the birds were diving on the surface. We dropped the Crippled Herring Jigs and put four more 30lb class fish in the boat. Started to get dark and we headed for the barn at around 7:30pm. All the Stripers were caught on the outgoing tide an hour before dusk. Was a great day to be on the water! :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Originally posted by S Adams:
How many bunker spoons and monel wire do you think are hung up on those rocks? I know I have about a half dozen down there.
I've contributed at least 4 umbrellas and probably spent 20 gal of fuel saving 20 others. Only thing that's helped me: careful monitoring of downrigger depth.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the turn when you are trolling. The spoons will drop to the bottom and bam your done. Need to make a wide turn and keep them off the bottom. There has got to be a ton of tackle on the bottom at the rocks. Over the past 10 years have lost at least a thousand in tackle.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I actually think you are not snagging in the rocks anymore but getting hung up on all the hardware that is down there. If it wasn?t for the fact that people seam to be trolling that place 12 months out of the year I wouldn?t mind taking a dive on it to see what it looks like. Then again, I?d probably end up getting tangled up in all the rigs and lines myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.