BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

New to the Barn. Looking for kayak launching spots in the SIC and OC area for early season striper fishing

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
there is a spot right at the bulkhead on the right side going into SIC on the right and one just before you go over the bridge in SIC on the right. They are free because you can only launch a waverunner or kayak

·
Registered
826 Posts
Please check out the surf forum yakdrifter. We need kayakers for the bass barn navy in our upcoming tournament May 21st. :D

Oh and I almost forgot, welcome to the barn!!

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Strathmere Ramp ,south end of Strathmere

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yakdrifter, Welcome to the barn! You can get alot of good info here. If you like the Corson's Inlet area you can launch from the boat launch on the OC side or there is a small beach from the Strathmere side. Please consider the tournament on May 21st. We need all the support we can get. Also keep an ear open for anyone with knowledge of IBSP fishing. Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Under the bridge coming into SIC from the SIC blvd. off the parkway. I believe this is 42nd ST. in SIC.
At the ramp at Corsons Inlet. The state may charge for that though.
There is a ramp at Whale Creek between SIC and Strathmere. I've spoken to Karen there and she was real helpful.
Along the causeway between OC and Somers Point you can lauch at Rainbow Channel area, near the welcome center, and farther down the causeway towards Somers Point, on the west or south side, is a natural grade ramp (near a small bridge) where people launch jetskis and small boats. Just look for cars on the side of the road.
Also, I have used the free ramp at Strathmere that Bucktail Willie spoke of. Actually, you can launch from the side of the ramp area, and avoid the trucks using the ramp.
Hope this info helped you, and welcome to the Barn.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Regarding the ramp at Corson's. I launch there frequently and have been assured by a couple of different people working there that you will not be charged for launching a kayak. Of course you can always drag in over the sand and launch under the bridge. That's where I usually launched until I got the Hobie. Now I wheel it down the ramp, remove the cart and head out.
Of course we're dealing w/ the state so it's always subject to instant change.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
So many "spots" to launch, the S.P.O.T.S. software crashed. :D

Email for some more if you want

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Yakdrifter Looks as though you have plenty of spots. Welcome & I hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
There are many spots to put a yak in around OC. Most of the more "public knowledge" ones have been spoken for here already. I won't go into detail about the others, for fear of Barner reprisals ;) .

Hint: Get a good OC map.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts