BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I was out there last weekend and had nothing but short flounder and not many of them eather. There was plenty of surface action with small blues off the beach and large schools of what appeared to be bunker.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I go to SIC/TI alot..wheres this lump at that you speak of....lol..never heard any place put that way..just curious is all

[ 07-29-2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Chtrugs ]

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The lump was covered with small Blues on Saturday. My son and I bailed them until our arms were tired late Saturday afternoon. There was another guy out there trolling in a small whaler doing the same with his son. They were in the 2 lb range with a few that were larger (finally). We only kept a few for future flounder bait.

Chtrugs, The lump is just at the 3 mile line outside of Sea Isle right in front of the big white Condo's. Out of TI take a heading of roughly 120Degrees and look for the lump bouy - can't miss it. Usually at least one boat sitting there - more often than not there is a crowd.

·
Registered
371 Posts
got it.never heard of it because I don`t have a BOAT!!!...hope my wife heard that!!!..i yelled it out..but I will get one, ya know...thanks for the reply fellas.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I have a 21 starcraft CHEAP . CHEAP to run right in that area . Could steer itself to the lump it has been there so many times . Plus nifty little seabass spot by the Table Top .

·
Registered
371 Posts
ahh heck..until I get done finishing my basement..she won`t let me buy nothing yet...I gota get that honey dew crap done first, ya know

·
Registered
246 Posts
sic lump has been the most productive location for me and my neighbor two years running. positively the best trigger fishing in new jersey !!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I pulled a 18" Northern Stargazer off that lump a few years ago. Might have been a state record but there was no way it was staying in my boat. It completely twisted up a heavy Spro jig. Jaws like a vise.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
andyv, many triggers and big ones on the lump last weekend. I never keep them. I had a saltwater fish tank a few years back with triggers in it. Beautiful fish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's all what you are comfotable with - I've been out that far in a 13' Whaler - many guys wouldn't

·
Registered
294 Posts
If running out of TI, you will find yourself running, more or less, head seas on the way to the lump and following on the way back. It can get snotty on a 17' mako, but its doable if you are comfortable. Just clear the inlet and after the last bouy turn straight up the coast and you'll find the lump marker basically right out in front of the spinnaker (the twin condo buildings). Be safe out there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts