BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the top of the tide this morning. One skate,four short flounders and one 22"er. but it had stripes. It took a plain gold 1/0 with a minnie/squid combo. It felt alittle strange and took two good runs (using 8lb momoi). I thought I had a big fluke until it came up and did it's turn. Called it a day when the knats got bad after about three hours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Needanet, thanks for the report. Fished SIC in the back yesterday afternoon, getting the 1st 3 hrs. of incoming. Neighbor and I only got 3 shorts and lost a blue which bit me off at boatside. Going to give it a try tomorrow AM on the outgoing.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
needanet, I was behind Avalon yesterday, just two short flounders, but a nice 30" striper. On minnows, was your bass on the minnow too?
from a 189er to another

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I caught lots of smalls one in SIC on Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday I had a good day, caught a 27 inch striper on mackeral, one 19 inch flounder and a 22 inch blue, then I went clamming and got 50. I was happy that day.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Fished thursday in Ludlums
4 keepers 18", (2) 19", 22"
It looks like there are a lot of SIC people on this thread.
I'm usually on 68 or 69
Boats called "Reel Dream"
I'll be out Saturday early
White bucktail with Squid and minnow was the best.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fished Ludlam's to Patty's yesterday 1 short flounder and 2 blues. Not a great day. Best part of the day was the absence of boat traffic. I helped out 2 older local gents with their motor that were crabbing. They said they couldn't even catch a crab.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I posted this report elsewhere but thought I would recap for the SIC guys. Fished monday from Flat Creek to Townsends Channel with 2 friends. Got 5 shorts, and 2 keepers, 17 and 18 inches. One Blue. Got both keepers on a plain minnow teaser above a white bucktail, squid and minnow combo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts