BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped by the spot on the way home today and made a some casts. Not much going on, but it was incoming. As I was leaving I saw a guy fishing bait on the up river side. I asked how he was doing and he said he has been catching stripers on that side on worms. I asked how big and he said around 18"-22" and that morning incoming is best. Could get interesting if they were chasing shad up there.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
That's good
Nice easy trip after work. I think the waters been a little cold yet for lures but we'll see
Thanks for the update

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SIC Wit It said:
Wait are you talking about the park side?
Yes - About 50 yards up current of the doors (the side with the big red ball in the middle). Now you see why things could get interesting. I have to get my 12' boat registered and the trolling motor batteries charged. :D I was thinking today that this would be an awesome area for a yak.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Whoa!!
could be a bad thing in one way though
all it takes is one guy from one of the small bass clubs to hit one of them on a spinner or crank meant for largemouth and the place will be a mad house

Yak would definatly be nice. i'd plug my way out to my point and set up out in the rip. definatly want to fsh that spot from the water but its hard to get a yak down in there with out a fight and its a long run from any boat ramps that i know of

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
SIC Wit It said:
Whoa!!
to get a yak down in there with out a fight and its a long run from any boat ramps that i know of
Actually there is the new parking lot that would make it easy, plus there is a nice shallow beach area to lunch from. Only problem is that everyone driving buy would see your yak racks and think... Hmmm?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
yea, i dont have a yak any way but i may be getting my dads 19' flat bottom jon boat for the season, i have to calculate how far of a run it is from the main river to come up in there

ya know what though its only a matter of time before the secret gets out, i though the only people that knew were me, my fishing partner , and old man fletch,
but i was wrong there, you know and now some one is catching them on the other side. plus fishing seems to be increasing in popularity so it is only a matter of time, hopefully it lasts a few more years

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Evidently it's not that secret. Fish and Wildlife was there today checking for licenses of the few guys there.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
was there for as litle this afternoon, nthing going on
guy told me that last yr he saw some1 catch a 20# "stripedid bass" on a night crawler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he asked what i was fishing for i said largemouth so i guess it really did happen cause i dont know why he would say that thinking that im fishing 4 bass

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
176 people have hit on this thread in less than two days. Good luck, my guess is that you can expect some new friends.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keeper Seeker said:
176 people have hit on this thread in less than two days. Good luck, my guess is that you can expect some new friends.
They better have their fishing licenses - inspectors have been giving out tickets. Also, at least I not dumb enough to name the street like I have seen done in other threads. SIC - I saw a dead 16"er in the rocks yesterday - no one fishing anywhere near there. :D

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
i'll swing by next time the tide is right see if they'll bite

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully the rain hold off. I have some bloods left over that I've got to get rid of.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hoping to get there late afternoon - 5ish.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Greg nice fishing with ya

I walked out to the point
After fighting with 2 pairs of geese to get out there. The tide was lower then I like but made a few casts. I hooked into something BIG
Thought it was a rock till I felt a couple head shakes then pop hooked pulled
I'm wishing I had gone out there as soon as they pulled the plug

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
SIC Wit It said:
Greg nice fishing with ya

I'm wishing I had gone out there as soon as they pulled the plug
Good see you too. I agree with you on that we should have gone there earlier. We saw some swirls and splashes from the side we were on, but couldn't buy a hit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts