BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. It has been a long hard thought process, but unfortunately i have decided that i dont have all time to use this boat as much as i wanted to, and its unfair to let it just sit in the water and not get used. Being over 2.5 hours away from Cape May and having to work every Saturday of my life makes it difficult to have and use a full time offshore machine. I think im going to have to keep my eyes open and jump on a nice 24'-26' C.C. that will give me some more options (towing) that will benifit me.

anyway here is the boat. (sorry no pics here, email me and ill have pics this week but those who know the boat know how well it is maintained by the previous owner and myself)

1995 275 Albemarle
575 hours
twin volvo penta 285 hp engines
northstar gps chartplotter
furuno depthsounder
JRC rader
Marlin Tower
Lee outriggers
Lee rodholders (7)
Fish Box
new leather interior
fresh water flush on each engine

Selling boat though New Jersey Yacht Sales for 58,900. Email or Call me for any info or anything.

Boat is located at Utsch's Marina in Cape may on F-dock for any passer-by's.
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey mike! Thanks for the post and i hope everything goes great with the 6! call me if u guys need anything!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Phil I see that you said fresh water flush on the engins but are they fresh water cooled and have the flush on the exchangers or are they raw water cooled with fresh water flushes on them?

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Sorry to hear about you parting with that boat. I know you were really into it last season. I was not going to post on here anymore after some problems I had with a barn sponser, but I know this boat was your baby. And I relate to the problem of a two and a half hour trip down, plus fuel costs. Best of luck on the next one! Whoever gets this boat will be more than happy with the way you took care of her. Wish I had the money for her. good luck!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cpthoodman,
the engines are salt water cooled as are basically all of those 5.7l gas engines on the albies. These engines were replaced in 1996 after about 100 hours on them with the 285hp that are in there now! The guy who owned the boat before me actually upgraded the fresh water flush on them and i did that after every one of my trips. This boat has been run mebbe 8 times this year and about 15 since i bought her in october.

When i bought the boat, there was a complete tune up done to her. New belts, new impellers and basically everything new on the engines.

I upgraded the boat with 3 extra lee rodholders against the transom, and a new jrc radar. The boat has a new interior(leather) to the seats and was slept in 3 times since i purchased her. Overall this boat is in excellent condition, but with that long of a ride its just impossible for me to prepare for canyon runs without a bigger risk to me and my crew. Im planning on droping down to a 23' regulator C.C. new or 2003+ im not sure.
Phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
btw, thanks for the kind words pier 47, it's definetly tought selling this boat, especially since this is the perfect overall boat for what i would use it for. But with getting rd to start a family soon adn buying a new house soon its tough having her through this growing up process!!!

See you guys soon
Phil

·
Registered
327 Posts
Phil, do you have any info on cruise speed Knots and rpm and fuel consumption thanks

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i generally run the boat between 2800 -3100 rpms. That pins me in at about 19-24kt's and keeps me in max fuel mileage. Running out 40 miles turning and running straight back im at 15 gph at 3000 and about 7 gph on the troll at 7.5kts. As you guys know, these albes are tanks and run through anything!
Phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be down at the boat this saturday night into sunday morning to do some maintenance to it and to get her pretty for selling. If anyone wants to stop down and take a look Ill be there untill about 11:30am. Give me a call if your interested!
Phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey mike,
The albemarle has a 9'6" beam. It has a surprisingly large cockpit for a smaller beam, and the way the boat is set up it rides phenominally. Also, for those who are afraid of the "rocking" on a deep V boat, i use whats called rocker stoppers and i have a set for anyone who buys the boat. these hang over the sides and stop the rocking tremendously. Lemme know if you have any other questions. I may even through in some offshore rigs and stuff to sweeten the pot on this boat. I have a new boat getting ready to come in so i want to move this. Might toss in a TLD 50 set up or two!
Phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey mercman,thanks for the bump, i really need to sell this peice since im going down tomorrow to put a deposit on my new 2360 sailfish...man what a boat!!
phil

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
who did you buy from?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bought the new one from wayne fletcher like you said fin. He knows my whole family for years and years so it was just like good karma or something. Anyways, i got a hell of a deal and i couldnt say no.
As for this boat. I had a great marine guy take a look at her. The boat is in perfect shape, engines were compression tested and were perfect, and just some normal maintenance was done. Everything is up and running and if anyone just wants to take a ride on the albie to see if it is for them lemme know and i can do it for ya without having to deal with the agent yet. If ya like the ride then we take him the deal:)
Phil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts