BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing on my jet ski off of Virginia Beach for a couple hours today. I marked plenty of bait and saw several whales, could not get a bite. I did not see anybody catch but there were plenty of boats out trying. This weekends weather looks terrible with winds on Sunday forecast to up to 45 knots. So A lot of people, including myself were trying to get some fishing in before the blow.
There was a lot of activity, so of course I took a lot of pictures while I was trolling along. My wife and I are going the Mid Atlantic Sports and Boat Show tomorrow to check out the new Jet Skis since it is going to be too windy. Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I love the pics of Navy ships and subs you always post. I don't know that I would ever get any fishing done because I would be staring in awe at the carriers and subs cool :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was using my Nikon D-3100 with a 55-200mm lens. I have had it since last year but not used it much. I still will need to get a tele-photo lens. Here are a couple more from yesterday. The temp is not right on my sounder.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Brian, shots look great with the 200mm. If your step up, go with 400mm plus. I love my18 to 200, and use it a lot .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello Brian That first pic has a 50 cal pointed your way. Great Pics As Always Thank You Good Luck and Tight Lines.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. The whales were about 2 miles off the beach. Several have been spotted in the bay also. Most people are trolling, though some are jigging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts