BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the border in the bay that represents the line from New Jersey and Delaware?

This puts a loop in the plans for drum fishing!

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
Center Of The Channel. Gps Should Have It Marked Same As The 3 Mile Limit In The Ocean:)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Don't forget further up the bay near the nuke plant, I believe the De line actually gets right to the NJ low water line. Seems that there was some stink about that a while ago when they wanted to build the Natural Gas terminal. Places like the outlet for the Salem river might be effected but I am not sure about that. This De fishing thing is becoming an expensive pain with the $50 boat license taken into account. If you want to fish near the 14ft light that is De water and they will jump you. It seems a shame that the two states DE and NJ can't work out something between them. I would bet our NJ governor sure would like to inflict the fishing license thing on us asap. MONEY IN THE TILL for him.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Not a silly question at all. You will have to get a license from Delaware if you are going to fish the C&B or the 60 this year. And if you venture up the river towards Pea Patch Island and further North, you will probably need a license as well. My understanding Delaware owns the river in that area from shore to shore. However, when you travel up out of Delaware and into PA (around Marcus Hook area) it is my understanding the channel separates PA & NJ. A call to DENREC may help keep you out of trouble. I plan on buying a DE boat license just to be on the safe side. If NJ implements one next year I hope, as you suggested, NJ and DE come to some sort of agreement. It would suck to have to purchase 2 licenses.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So when I drive my car, that is licensed in Jersey, into Deleware there is no problem...but when I drive my boat that is licensed through the same DMV as my car, into Deleware there is a problem. Does that seem like a contradiction to anyone else.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I agree Finaly,I wish they got there Chit together and just did this thing in one shot.We know it`s comming.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
you can drive the boat in Del waters, but DONT fish!!actually if your in del. and fish it, it isnt bad, cause a non resident individual license comes with a freshwater license, i think it cost $21.50 thats what i will be getting. im sure Jersey will be that way soon!!

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Finally II said:
Not a silly question at all. You will have to get a license from Delaware if you are going to fish the C&B or the 60 this year. .
Don't fish either in the spring, but can you explain why, both are well east of the channel?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We fish the C&B in the fall...and do really well in and around that area. I cant believe that is del. waters...that sucks...what do we have around 2 miles out of the inlet?! you can see the ferry terminal from the 60 on a clear day...this isnt right!

What about tussys and the pintop...i guess they are both del. waters as well.

Can they throw anything else at us this season?!

·
Registered
757 Posts
P.B.S. said:
The C & B and the 60 are both in NJ waters. Tussey's and the
Pintop are also NJ waters.
PBS, I agree that Pintop is in NJ waters. I am not familiar with Tussey's. If the area I know as the C&B is over by Brown Shoals, then it is defiitely in DE waters (west of Brandywine.) However, my understanding of the location of the C&B could be wrong. If so, I apologize for any confusion.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all help. My charts are down the shore...heading down tomorrow night. I guess I will have to get a license for the boat!! best of luck to everyone this season!

Thanks again

B.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts