BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it is me for maybe it is just the way I am but I know when to be secret about fishing spots and when it does not not matter. This morning a 5am at the 7-Eleven I asked a angler at the coffie fillup station if he was fishing he said yes when I asked where about? he got all hush hush--like I was going to go to his spot---why did he not say the inlet or outside? Why could he not just be normal maybe he could have gotten a peice of information out of me? The second incident I noticed was on the radio where one angler was speaking to a "friend" that he was going to "the spot that they were at last week" turns out that this was just 35 miles north of Beach Haven inlet along the beaches somewhere off Seaside. Like everyone does'nt know that the bite is up North of Barnegat? The fish are so thick when the bait is present does it really does not matter if "other" anglers want to make the run--for there is plenty of fish. My point is that it is important to be secretive about a local fishing hole or rip, but to be secretive about large areas of bait concentration is silly and myopic. With todays high fuel prices I think fisherman need to be a little more loose on the information and not be so clicky. The bunker school situation is a perfect example of anglers helping one another out. I for one went up to Seaside on Saturday drove up from Beach Haven should have gone 10 more miles north of the ferris wheel but did not---for know one would talk on the radio.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I know how you feel. But I was fishing a small bltz about a week ago and there was one guy constantly going right into the birds and driving the fish down. In a case like that I would never put it over the radio. Yet yesterday I was fishing a blue fish tournament and there was no blitz but a slow pick of trolling and was willing to tell people over the radio, and did so.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
B-TROPPER--WELCOME TO THE BARN.I AGREE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS ON SHAREING BUT EVEN MORE SO WHEN YOU FISH OUTSIDE.A LOT OF THE ANGLERS WHO ARE CLOSED MOUTHED ARE THE ONE GETTING THERE INFO FROM OTHERS WHO HAVE SHARED.IF YOU HAVE TIME TO READ THE THREADS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME YOU WILL FIND OUT WHO GETS BUT WILL NOT GIVE.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
many times, it is not "where" rather than "when" the bite is on...this situation is even more evident as the summer rolls along.

by the way, the bass were biting last night behind Hereford Inlet...at dark, along the sod banks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.