BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I heard the same thing, and that there was a car half in the hole on Monday. Anyone have any info? Was hoping to take a mental health day on Wednesday and fish the DOD. Maybe I should have an alternate plan. Has anyone fished Flood Gate without a problem? Any info would be greatly appreciated. The river spots keep dissapearing!#%/%#*&!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
yES, THERE IS A SINK HOLE. You can fish the area, park before the sink hole and walk back to the river. Somewhat of a decent walk, especially with all the gear. Something to consider. There is a bulk head down in Pennsville where I have caught some stripers. Email me if interested, [email protected]

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I am not sure if you can walk back. The main entrance had police tape accross. I would check before getting a fine. The bulkhead is where I cought my first striper this year last sunday. Only about 10 inches but hey with the weather we had this weekend it was a great start.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Gilly21- did'nt know about the police tape. Any reason why they placed it there? I'm thinking that they did'nt want anyone in the area with the high levels of water.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Check with some of the locals I heard of a hole in the fence by the apartments closer than the entrance and good solid ground to park on..Be advised it is still a good 1/2 mile hike to the river..Look for all the cars parked close to the fence in the back....JUST SOMETHING I HEARD NEVER DID IT MYSELF...

·
Registered
234 Posts
the flood gates is closed off right now due to the really high tides our fire station was down there along with others sand bagging for all of this rain the main road was flooded half way to the end of the road this was a couple of days ago but things really haven;t changed with the tide yet head of some fish at beach hill if that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.