BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thing about buying Sirius Weather this Season,I have the Raymarine C-120,looking for Info and Feed Back on Sirius Weather,is it Dependable,hows the Temp Reading,what’s the monthly Cost, Appreciate any Info

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Priceless

I have the E-120's on my boat and the weather saved us a few times. It is nice to have a real time track of weather bands while being 75 miles offshore:D The sea surface feature is nice. It gets you in the area but, I have not stuck Gold when I was running a found a crisp break in temp.
Overall I think it is worth it. The weather bands are dead on IMO:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the feed back,looking to do a Decent amount of offshore trips this season,my main concerns is the Weather,60to80 miles out is not the Place for Surprises,also would like to see temp brakes,

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I got it last year and love it.

I was back at the dock before three different thunder storms. :thumbsup:

Water temp updates 2 times a day. Wave heights.

The Doppler is awesome. Takes about a 1/2 hour to load everything once you turn it on.

It's $29.99 a month, I put it on hold for the winter. It will start up again in April.

·
Registered
286 Posts
sirius weather

We are getting our demo account turned back on this week so I will let you know and you can come see it first hand.I have not had a customer who had it installed and did not like it.Sea temps and wave heights are a great asset as well as storm tracks will let you know what way to run around a storm.Thanks

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
We are getting our demo account turned back on this week so I will let you know and you can come see it first hand.I have not had a customer who had it installed and did not like it.Sea temps and wave heights are a great asset as well as storm tracks will let you know what way to run around a storm.Thanks

is the sirius weather compatable with the garmin 3010c ?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
is the Sirius weather compatible with the garmin 3010c ?
Go to Garmin website and see.

Some are Sirius and some are XM.

Of course, The older units are not weather ready.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have the Sirius weather through my Furuno Navnet 2 system and like it. The water temp feature leaves a little to be desired but the active weather features are great especially if you fish offshore. We used it this year while out at the Hudson and could see a squall coming up from the area of the Toms. I was able to track the storm and adjust my course and the storm passed offshore of us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.