BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
if its ONLY for freshwater bass, i see a lot of people use sit in's. for me, any fishing is going to be sit on top....ANY fishing.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
if its ONLY for freshwater bass, i see a lot of people use sit in's. for me, any fishing is going to be sit on top....ANY fishing.
I think sit on top would be more comfortable for fishing more room to manuever and store stuff so its accessable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
asked the same question a couple years ago. it was unanimous-sit on. I followed the advice and feel I made the right decision.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
What about all the water that gets in the hull? Does it just drain out while you are on the lake??
Depends on your size and the size of the kayak you buy. A good sit on top will be bone dry as the water will run out the drain holes. A sit in gets water on and in it from the paddling but does not drain. You need to demo before buying in the spring. If you are heavy make sure you get a big enough kayak.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I have both and I prefer the Sit on top for all the reasons listed. I spend quite a bit of time bass fishing in it in the SJ creeks and the river. It's just much more comfortable in the summertime. Good luck in your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts