BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Every year on the first Saturday in March, the South Jersey Bass Club Association holds an annual Fishermen's Flea Market. This year it's going to be held on Saturday, March 3. The location is the same as the past few years -- the Elks Lodge on Broad Street (aka Mays Landing Rd) in Millville. This is a freshwater and saltwater event. Event times are 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. Admission donation is still only $2.00 for adults (kids under 14 get free admission). Parking is free.

Vendor tables rent for $20 each, with a $5 discount for each table over two. We can fit up to 60 vendor tables in this location. We also have reserved areas outside for anyone who wants to sell a used boat. Those slots are $10.00 each ($5.00 if you also have a vendor table inside). A continually-updated list of the vendors will be posted on the SJBCA website. As expected, it'll be mostly tackle vendors with a few others thrown in (knives/cutlery, fishing charter boats). There will be at least one representative there from the NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife to answer any fishing or hunting regulation questions you may have. We'll also bew scheduling some seminars. Those are always presented by local, very knowledgeable fishermen. ;)

We're looking for guys to rent tables to sell off their unwanted fishing tackle and boating equipment (to make money to buy more, of course). If you're interested a table, you can contact the event coordinator, Carmen at 609-729-2504 or Joe at 856-692-2807. If you have any questions about the event, you can send me a message or post them on this thread.

This event always includes a free kids casting activity (with prizes), food for sale and our "freebie table". We will again hold our popular "fully stocked tackle box" raffles this year -- one stocked freshwater tackle box and one stocked saltwater tackle box.

Keep in mind that this is our big fundraising event for the year. The admission donation is only two bucks and the funds raised go to very worthwhile activities, including our annual college scholarship, kids fishing events, etc. Your support is really appreciated.

Full details and directions to the location are on the SJBCA web site at http://www.sjbca.org/fleamkt.htm

PS: As usual, I'll be on parking lot duty. If you come to the event, be sure stop by and say "Hi". I'll be the tall guy in the royal blue jacket.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last I heard, we had 27 vendor tables rented. (Should fill up by the date of the event.) Scheduled speakers are prominent local fishermen Eric "Woody" Woodward and Chris Smith. More updates to come.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fishermen's flea market is this coming Saturday. Hope to see a bunch of you at our organization's most important fundraiser of the year. :thumbsup:

(If you drove by the Elks Club over the past week or so and read their marquee, disregard the incorrect start time that was posted. Start time is 8:30 am.)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of you crappie fishermen out there may want to ask seminar speaker Chris Smith in which lake he recently electro-shocked up a NJ state record white crappie.;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all of the bass barn members who came out to support our flea market as vendors, customers and/or volunteers. We had 470 paying adults come through the door. That's a pretty good day for us. We also made some decent money on our two tackle box raffles. Now we'll be able to afford this year's youth fishing events and college scholarship. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Electro-shock!

If this man caught the NJ state record White Crappe by Electro-shock rather than by the Traditional method of using a hook, then he should be fined and stripped of this NJ state record. I wouldn't think this kind of method would be legal.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If this man caught the NJ state record White Crappe by Electro-shock rather than by the Traditional method of using a hook, then he should be fined and stripped of this NJ state record. I wouldn't think this kind of method would be legal.
He's the biologist for NJ Fish & Wildlife. Was doing a survey of the lake via electro-shocking, which is one method of assessing fish populations. The record fish is still there to be caught & claimed as the State record by someone.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.