BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The South Jersey Bass Club Association's annual Union Lake open buddy tournament will be held on Sunday, June 22 (not Father's Day this year). Times are 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. This is open to the public and usually gets a good number of boats.

Entry fee is:
$50.00 per boat, up to two weeks prior to the tournament date, including lunker pool (checks accepted). Within two weeks of the tournament date and at the ramp the fee is $60.00 per boat, including lunker pool (cash only).

Details and printable front & back of the entry form/flyer are at:
www.sjbca.org/ent140622.doc .

This tournament features two special $100.00 morning lunker prizes for the heaviest largemouth and smallmouth bass weighed in before 10:00 am. The largemouth morning lunker prize will again be sponsored by the Sandpiper Motel in North Wildwood. The smallmouth morning lunker will again be sponsored by Vineland Roofing. There's a spot near the weigh-in trailer where you can pull up on the shoreline to bring your fish up. Any bass weighed in for the morning lunkers become part of your five bass limit. (Tip: Bring your biggest bass in to be weighed for this even if you don't think it could possibly win. Some less-than-huge bass have won our morning lunker prizes because guys didn't think that three-pounder in their livewell had any chance of winning, or they didn't think it was worth a shot at $100 to make the run back to the weigh-in area.)

This tournament has a drive-thru weigh-in at the end, where you take your boat out of the water with your fish still in the livewell and drive clockwise around the parking lot to the weigh-in trailer. Fish are only taken out of the livewell upon reaching the weigh-in trailer. No walk-up weigh-in attempts will be accepted.

Plaques will be awarded to both members of the top three finishing teams and to the individuals who catch the morning & overall lunker winners. Cash payouts will be awarded to the top five finishing teams and lunker winners.

This year we will again be providing a free hot dog & beverage to each participant after the weigh-in. In addition we will be holding a raffle for some fishing tackle and fishing-related items.

For those of you who may be new to open buddy bass tournaments, but are interested in trying one out, this is a fun & relatively inexpensive one. I have some basic info on open buddy tournaments posted on the SJBCA website at www.sjbca.org/buddyinfo.htm .

This is one of the SJBCA's two big fund-raisers of the year, so we really appreciate your participation. Thanks for your continued support! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone who's available and interested, we'll be holding a parking lot & ramp area clean-up at Union Lake on Friday, June 20, starting at 9 am. We do this every year, prior to the SJBCA's popular bass tournament there on the following Sunday. I think in the past this project has only taken an hour or two when we've had enough volunteers. I will have a few trash bags & latex gloves available. (I also bring my own long-handled trash picker-upper.) I hope to see one or two of you out there.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
For anyone who's available and interested, we'll be holding a parking lot & ramp area clean-up at Union Lake on Friday, June 20, starting at 9 am. We do this every year, prior to the SJBCA's popular bass tournament there on the following Sunday. I think in the past this project has only taken an hour or two when we've had enough volunteers. I will have a few trash bags & latex gloves available. (I also bring my own long-handled trash picker-upper.) I hope to see one or two of you out there.:thumbsup:
I'll be there Mr. BigFred:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This clean-up project is still scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) morning for anyone who's available. So far it looks like it's going to be a skeleton crew (unless some of my "maybes" show up), but we've done it before with a small group.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Big Fred: Bad News, not going to make it tomorrow, I thought school was finished, its over tomorrow, I have to baby sit, I don't get the little guy till 10 a.m. SO SORRY.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Fred: Bad News, not going to make it tomorrow, I thought school was finished, its over tomorrow, I have to baby sit, I don't get the little guy till 10 a.m. SO SORRY.
We'll get by. Maybe some of those "maybe's" will show up.:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.