BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a Big success Striped bass were caught A great time was Had by all I'm proud to be involved with the group that hosted this event

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Great job! Went off without a hitch! Fish were cooperating, the wind wasn't too bad, and the sun stayed out, and the food was mmmm mmmm mmmm! All in all, a winner :D .

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I used to fish with a guy that had a boat called No More Crap. ;) How ya doin Cappy? Glad the long wand is treating ya good! :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I didnt go to the last board meeting and meeting. All I knew was I had to be at Corsons with the boat at 5. I knew about lunch and snacks but I was really surprised to see the spread laid out at 5 AM. Coffe, donuts, danishes, OJ.....awesome!I was also happy to see quite a few anglers ready to go. We dropped guys in the most productive places we knew. The bite is tough in the day especially with a South wind of any kind. We remained hopefull. I was watching a seal mess around in front of a few fly fisherman then picked one up because he needed a break. 2 minutes later I see Jason (Hitless Wonder) hook up to a chunky slot fish. He fought it well and I later found out that was his first on the fly. Congrats man! Then I drove around with Philly keeping my eyes peeled and FlyTyer hooked up on Jay's Sea Craft. I was really excited to see a second bass on the fly. Well fought Dave. I got pics of both but in my over tired state will have to develop them tomorrow. Dave got a nice chunk of a bass at the end of his line. A few guys from the Coastal Fly Rodders and ASWF hooked up with some bass and blues. It was a good feeling to know we had guys out there connecting to fish. We came in around 11...low tide. Jay and the board made arrangements to use the facilities at All Seasons Marina. We came in and docked our boats in slips and rinsed the mud off them...what a mess! LOL...Well worth it. I walk up to see we have a pavilion with fans and tables and chairs with 3 grills going!!!! It was an amazing time. Burgers, hotdogs...Sue Caville's AMAZING pasta salad! We all recounted the day and past fishing trips and relaxed under the shade in the sunny 75 degree day. I was enjoying ever minute. This was a great day. Thanks to everyone who put it together and made the day more than a fishing outing.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Hip summed it up pretty good. Everything went as planned. All are members did an outstanding job making our quests feel at home. Got to meet some fellow anglers from other clubs. Overall for our first major multiclub event, we were way ahead of the learning curve.

For those that couldn't make it the anglers using sinking lines seemed to have the best results. Flys that produced were, Decievers, Clousers, and jiggies. The hot colors where Chart, Chart/white, yellow/white and pink/black. There was a good amount of Bass caught, we didn't get the full count cause some guys had to leave early and atleast 6 blues caught.

Now that the fish are here, it will only get better so go out and get a few. We had no weakies but there were reports of some caught during the week on rubber baits so they are around.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
GRRR I guess I was the one thing that didn't come off quite right.

Darned boats always fixin something. Which would be OK were at not at 4:30 AM on the launching ramp.

I do want to give a big thanks and hats off to Pete at all seasons. He really did try to help me but I was just beyond help.

I tried and tried to isolate the fuel problem but couldn't seem to find it. Replaced the fuel ball at the marina, no dice. Went to the gas station and refilled the water seperator, no dice. Looked all over for the air leak, couldn't find it.

She ran fine on the shakedown so WTF?

Finally took her home, gave up and went fishing with someone else around noon time. Took a nice butt whoopin in all the W on Sat afternoon but at least managed to salvage part of the day.

Figured out yesterday it was the seal on the water seperator. Corroded housing not making a good seal

Turned out a free fix but not before costing me the outing.

I'm really glad you guys had a great time and very dissapointed I missed it.

I'll see you all very soon ;)

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Darrin Mechanic told me, thats the sign to replace fuel pump-when you START to see corrosion. My .03 Cents. Ron

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Darrin and Sparse,
Sorry you two gentelmen missed our outing. Next time, I hope!...and yes, there will be a next time.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Darrin, sorry to hear about your problems. We had enought boats to handle the people on hand. We appreciate your efforts. You were the only guy that didn't enjoy the outing after putting forth so much effort. Good to hear you have the problem under control and hope you can get out after them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
thanks to everybody who put in such an effort to make a memorable time (i.e. my first striper on the fly, and on my own humble creation at that!). the ferrying was executed to perfection, food was great and abundant, i just feel slight guilt pangs i didn't get to help out more, mostly just fished and ate :D since everything was planned so well. just as a heads up for next time, i make a mean shrimp dip ;) .

and big up to hip for calling my fish a "chunky slot", and mentioning that i "fought it well". you are a gracious sycophant, and i thank you ;) .

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
No prob Jason. It was a pleasure to watch you fight that fish. Pics should be up tonight.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Nice guy's very nice.Glad all went well sounds like a blast !!! Vinny

·
Registered
420 Posts
Let me add my kudos to the list and my thanks to Keith for letting an old man with bad knees and back ride around with him for a couple of hours. I've seen clubs that have been existence for 20 or more years, not have their acts together like the organizers of this event did. Excellent job, gentlemen.
I went fishless, though I did catch an couple of odds and ends. A grass shrimp, a very dead spider crab and a piece of metal that gave a very good impression of a fish until it broke the surface. Also, before I actually saw it, I couldn't figure out why Keith was shouting "Look there's a teal" and wondered why he was so excited by a bloody duck.
So when's the real clave scheduled, the one that lasts 3 or 4 days, and centers around fishing, tying, eating and drinking. It's got to be much easier to tie a 2/0 fly at 2 a.m. by Coleman lantern, after a few bottles of Scotch have been consumed, than trying to tie a size 32.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Let me not be a syncophant :D , Jason, in saying AWESOME job on the first striper man. Didn't know that and couldnt tell..here's to many more....Shoot me an email when you get a chance..i have a question for ya..

j

[ 05-04-2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: mrstripes ]

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Glad you guys enjoyed the day! The team did a flawless job of execution. They deserve a solid round of applause for good planning, communication and efforts.
Don't feel bad about not helping more than you all did. We had exactly the number of the right people where we needed them. I wish we had more of OUR MEMBERS enjoy all of the efforts that we as a group put forth. The day was, after all, a club event. Now that this went so well, I am sure many will have the bright idea that we should do this every month, next week, or perhaps on their next day off. Maybe next year they should use a vacation day and join us!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts