BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6:30:00 PM **Monthly Meeting will be held at All-Seasons Marina in Ocean City, NJ**
Location *All-Seasons Marina, Ocean City, NJ
Description **Special Announcement** Our upcoming August club meeting will be held at the pavillion at All-Seasons Marina on Roosevelt Blvd in Ocean City, NJ. There will be short meeting at 6:30 pm with pizza and soda for all. After the meeting we will be hosting an informal fishing trip at nearby Corsons Inlet State Park (just wading, no boat shuttles). Club member Reggie Regensburg will also provide a casting clinic there for those interested. We hope to see all of you there!! Directions to All-Seasons Marina: From the Garden State Parkway, take exit 25 (Roosevelt Blvd/34th Street), heading towards Ocean City. Take Roosevelt Blvd for about a mile towards Ocean City. Right before the large bridge there is a turn-off on the right for U-turns and to get to the marina. Take that turn off and go under the bridge. Parking is on the grass on the other side of the bridge. The pavillion is along the water at the marina (where we had our Corson's Inlet Conclave BBQ in May).

Let me know if I can do anything or bring something.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Thanks for posting this, Keith! Our website will soon have this on the front page so everyone will get the message. Hope to see you there. Just bring yourself.

The meeting will be on August 17 (3rd Tuesday, like usual) and start at 6:30, not 7PM. It is scheduled to be a very short meeting, just updating our members on club business. The rest of the meeting will be strictly for fun (if you're not having fun, we'll have to ask you to leave the premises immediately...
). Food and drinks will be provided by the club. Feel free to bring whatever you want (*only non-alcoholic beverages, please!!), but you don't have to bring anything if you don't want to.

The fishing trip will be an informal gathering at CISP after our short meeting at the marina, open to whoever wants to attend. No boat shuttling will be provided (like we did at the Conclave). It is strictly a wading/sodbank gathering. Bring your waders, or just a bathing suit & sneakers if you want to wet-wade (the water is very warm; it might be a nice excuse for a dip!). Reggie has also volunteered to provide a casting clinic to anyone in need of improvement or tips (don't we all need that?? :D ) We will also be making available the safety goggles generously donated to our club. If you chose to take a pair (highly recommended), a small donation of a few $$ is appreciated so we can replenish our stock. They are a cheap investment in your irreplacable eyes. And remember to smash the barbs on your hooks!

I hope this meeting will be a good time for all!

[ 08-05-2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
We are trying this format at the shore, to see what our members think. Gives an opportunity to fish and socilize alittle. Should be lots of fun for all. I don't get a chance to do much bank fishing and can't wait to get my boots muddy and fish, chat and catch a couple of fish in the company of others from our club. There is no set time to leave, but even those from close to the Philadelphia area can still make it home at a decent hour, to make it to work the next day.

The executive board has been working hard this summer to insure that the fall and winter meetings will have great quest presenters, and interesting and useful flyfishing activities for all our members to enjoy. Looks like the whole rest of the year will be great.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
As some of you know, I have been unable to associate with the club, due to my alarm going off at 145AM Wed. AM. However, if "outsiders" are welcome, I might be able to swing by for a couple of "hellos" As long as my leaving early does not offend anyone. Ron

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Sparse, come on over. Alot of guys would like to meet the guy behind the name. With your job we would even allow you to become an absentee member. Since it is in fact our regular monthly meeting, this would be a good chance for some of the deep south jersey fly fishermen to come to a meeting and see what we are all about and meet some of our members. I am as south in New Jersey as it gets and I make almost every meeting unless hell freezes over or there is a death in the family. It is a easy run up Route 55 to our regular meeting place. SJCFA is a club that has something of interest for every fly angler no matter whether you are a novice or seasoned expert.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Sparse, you're more than welcome to join in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts