BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come out and cast your vote for the new Board and then enjoy a great program! Remember to bring your 2 flies for the raffle. (Doesn't it seem like the "new guys" always win?)

DaveD

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Hey, there can be no splash this time of year. Thanks for getting everyone warmed up for tomorrow nights meeting.

I aggree, it is always the new guys that win the flies. I have never been that lucky yet. I could be a more well rounded fly fisherman if I had more of a variety flies.

See you tomorrow night.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I promise I'll remember to BRING the flies this time... :D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
No, you got me there too. I have forgotten to bring them on several fishing trips. I'm stuck using whatever was tied onto my line the last trip. D'oh!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hello guys, any news of the move to Ocean City at the meeting last night?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Yes, we were officially granted use of the Bayside Center. It's closed in January and February for renovations/cleaning/etc, though. I'll let Ray explain more.

Here is a link to some info on the Bayside Center:

OC Bayside Center

[ 01-19-2005, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!

Sorry I missed AGAIN. I am not abandoning you guys just had major prep work for school the next day. I hope we have the meetings Thursday. That would be much more accomodating for my schedule.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
We had a great meeting last night. unfortunately Bob Popovis, couldn't make last night, but we had alot to cover in the line of new business, so the meeting went well.

All Those that ran for and Officers position or board of directors were elected. We decide to keep an extra director on, so that meant we had one person for each open position.

Congradulations and thanks to all those who stepped forward and volunteered.
New Officers and Board are as follows

President Ray Szulczewski
Vice Pres. Dave Dewees
Secretary Steve Croft
Treasurer Paul Hascek

Director Frank Mihalic (past Pres.)
Director Dave Gelona
Director Jay Turnure
Director Rocco Dolce
Director Joe Doyle
Director Bill Cromie

We have a great group to start the new year and we hope to expand the growth of our club and flyfishing along the Jersey Coast.

NEW LOCATION, NEW LOCATION, NEW LOCATION.

That was the buzz of the night. Like stated we have the Bay Center in Ocean City New Jersey as our new meeting place, starting March 17, 2005. We will still have February meeting at our old location.

The new location is right on the water. See Daves link in one of the posts above. The new location will put us right along the coast where we already have many fisherman waiting for our move who are ready join us. They have a nice outside section where we can do premeeting fly casting.

Fly Show workers are all lined up. We will be providing tickets for the show for all those working the booth. I will notify those working how and where to pick them up.

As you know we have been having problems with SJCFA web site. I have made arrangements to change our host, so that our site will run smoother and we will be able to update it better. Hope to have it all switched before the Fly Show.

Dave, Dewees is in the process of changing our flyer to the new location, meeting times, and contacts.

Everyone was excited about the move and the future of the club.

Our new secretary, Steve Croft, is very energetic and will be updating our membership list, applications, and a list of other things so we can better communicate and will be working with Dave Gelona on making it possible to make changes on the web site easier.

Dave Gelona and Frank did and excellent job demonstrating different fly tying techniques to all those interested last night. I believe everyone left excited about SJCFA in 2005.

Steve Croft won the fly raffle, picture to follow.

I quickly tried to put down info about last night. If I missed anything step up and fill in what I missed. Just wanted to get it on to let everyone know what was going on.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts

See what happens when I haven't posted a picture in awhile.

Josh, also did a fine job with demonstrating tying last night. What else did I forget?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cool,

I finally can join. The Bayside Center is right down the street and the meetings are on a night when I don't have to work.

Next question. I printed out the application, but no where on the app or the website can I find where to send it. What's the address it should go to?

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by Frank Mihalic:
Yes. The meetings will be moving to the third Thursday of each month.
Excellent!

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Third Thursday is correct, starting in March. Our last meeting at the old location will still be on Tuesday Feb 15th. After that they will all be at the Bay Center.

Librarian, You can mail you application to me. I will send you an email. We are going to make up new applications and we will be starting our year Jan 1st ending Dec 31st. It will make it easier to run being the same as the physical year.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thursday is a great night,can fish after the meeting and can always get thru a Friday at work with little or no sleep.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thursday is a great night,can fish after the meeting and can always get thru a Friday at work with little or no sleep.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
As requested, here are the direction maps:

Aerial (for those who like "real time" maps)

Close-up (I'm pretty sure the Center is the rectangular building with the notched white roof).

[ 01-21-2005, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts