BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SJCFA monthly meeting is Tuesday night. With the weather being cold it is a perfect night for a meeting. As stated before, we are going to chip in for Pizza, with the club providing soda and ice. Good way to end the year.

We have a lot of new information to pass on to our members about the up comming year.

If you tie flies don't forget to bring two for the raffle, bring back and items that you have out from our library of books and videos and let us know if you will be available for our first two shows of the season.

We will be going over the direction of our club, and while eating our pizza we will try to answer fly fishing related questions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is a MEETING for the future of this Club. Much more important than any meeting since the formation of this club Try real hard to make this meeting prove the critics wrong they would like this Club to fold See you all their JAY

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is a MEETING for the future of this Club. Much more important than any meeting since the formation of this club Try real hard to make this meeting prove the critics wrong they would like this Club to fold See you all their JAY

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am not a member of the club
but use the site often. I would
consider joining or would help
if i could to keep it giong. Let
me know who to talk to in the Ocean
City area or e-mail me.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Jimbec Welcome to the board & Im sure you[ll get the info you need. Again welcome & I hope you enjoy your stay. Ron

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
jimbec, You should come to the meeting. Our new direction will definitly interest you...especially if all the plans go well for the upcoming year ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, thought I was going to make it tonight, but the Spirit of Christmas yet to be has caught up with me. Looks like why you guys are eating pizza and discussing the future of the club, I'm going to be baking Christmas cookies, Pizzeles, biscotti and sesame cookies. My mom's not feeling up to it, so it falls on me to start getting the stuff ready for the Christmas Eve dinner we have every year. Five fish down, two go. Well, that's what fish mongers are for.
You all have a good holiday and I'll be there in January.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, you can't make it Jerry, we will expect some left over Christmas Cookies at our next meeting.

For everyone out there. SJCFA is in no danger of folding. We are not growing as fast as some had expected, but with our solid foundation of active members we are looking at the club to decide what direction we should go, make the ajustments and move on to the next level.

Tonights meeting will have alot of new infomation to present to our club members. We will also be listening to our members and their ideas of what they want.

We are still a very young club, we have gone very far, very fast. Now is the time for adjustments.

If you are not at the meeting or let us know what you want, the board will do its best to make changes that we hope will be in the best interest of all our members and the growth of the club.

Beside all the stuff above we hope to have a good time and get to know each other a little better, with more time to socialize tonight.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jimbec, welcome to the barn. The club will be around for years to come. We hope you will be a regular poster on the barn. Just jump in and let it rip. We would love to have you join us, even if you can't make it to all the meetings. Our club has a lot to offer and everyone you meet through the club, you will find is very friendly and helpful. I will send you an email.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
iM GOING TO TRY TO GET THERE. hAVE A x-mAS DINNER WITH ALL THE WORKERS FROM MY FAMILIES BUSINESS TONIGHT.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had a very productive meeting. I want to thank all those members that showed up. With Christmas so close and many last minute things to do I know it was a push for some. Maybe it was the lure of pizza?

Frank asked me if I would step in and run the meeting, with his hectic shedule and feeling under the weather he was unable to make the meeting.

Paul, will be emailing a news letter to all members summing up in detail what took place and later we can go in more detail.

In general, we discussed and proposed the new slate of officers and directors since the term was up for the old crew. News letter will have the new slate to be voted on at the next meeting. If you missed the meeting and were intersted in a position, email me or call me ASAP so we can get you on the ballot.

We went over what direction the club should go in the new year.

Big news is that we are very close to getting a super new location for our meetings in the Ocean City Area. Both the Executive Board and Directors along with the general membership agreed that such a move would be best for the Club. Since we are a Saltwater club being closer to the water would be idea. It will also provide a greater opportunity for new membership. Until such a move is possible we will be meeting at the same time and place.

I also handed out a survey, to get input from our members. I will try and get it out to members by email prior to next meeting and have them next month for any I might miss. We want to know what you like and dislike about the club and how you think we can make it better.

Mark next months meeting on your calendar cause it will be one you don't want to miss. You can vote for officers and directors. (We have more people running than positions so your vote will count.)

SPECIAL GUEST WILL BE BOB POPOVICS, who always gives a great presentation. His show will get the flyfishing jucies flowing no matter how cold it maybe outside and he will answer any questions you might have. Don't miss this opportunity meet one of saltwater fly fishings greatest inovators.

That's it for now, read your newsletter when you get it.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Ray, Sounds like you got a good hold on things..well done. Sorry I missed...was out with the familia to 10:30.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts