·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AC Press had a small artical announcing our new meetin g place

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Every little bit helps. Steve has been getting dues and applications that are coming to our new p.o. box. It will be interesting to see what new faces will be there.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
That sounds great guys!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm coming to the meeting to join. Will there be tying, or casting at the meeting? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Do I need to bring anything to the 1st meeting? I'm stoked :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Next Month Steve Fararr and Bob Pop!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The club also had a spot in the March 9th Gazette, and we can continue to feed items to both the Press and the Gazette for future meetings. Still working on the Sentinel Ledger. Several calls have come in from these items.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
There are so many exciting things going on and they are all good. You will just have to come to the meeting and check it all out. You will not be disapointed.

JohnG, looking foward to meeting you the 17th. Myself and several other members are going over how to get that early season bass on a fly. We will be going over how to pick a spot that is likely to hold fish and why we choose it. We will be going over early season flies that produce. We will be asking members from the floor to share their early season tactics that have worked for them and then we will have a demonstration of how to tie some of those flies.

I don't know if there will be much time for tying,
but it never hurts to bring your vise and some materials. Always bring a your flyrod or two. We try to have some casting prctise before the meetings, but I am not sure about daylight this time of year.

Keith, I expect you to be there no excuses. Being a teacher you understand. Don't make me give you detention.(having to make a fly for every member of the club.)

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
LOL.. ;)

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
JohnG:
There isn't much to see on the website as of yet. I just checked it and for some reason the map is gone.

A few of us have been working on the site, and it should be up and running soon. I was trying to get it done before the meeting on Thursday, but I don't think that's going to happen. There are more technical hurdles to overcome than I realized.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Just, got back and got the latest update. Looks like there will be a lot of new faces, I had a few calls to return, regarding time, place and information. Dave, Steve and Myself are working on the Early Spring Striper presentation, and we have a bunch of eger volunteers to show how to tie all kinds of flies so there should be a lot to see.

Remember to bring back any borrowed materials from the club library so others may enjoy them.

Also if you are a fly tyer and want to bring a couple of flies for our raffle.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Welcome jjb4 & I hope you enjoy your stay. Your requested info will be coming shortly I am sure.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Right on que... :D

The meeting starts at 7PM. The Bayside Center is located between 5th and 6th Streets on Bay Avenue in Ocean City. It's right across from the ball field. Being from Margate, I'm sure you know where Bay Ave is ;) .

For all others,
Coming from the Parkway heading South, get off at exit 30/Somers Point. Take Laurel Drive straight through Rt 9 until you hit the circle. Go around the Somers Point Circle towards the road going over the bridges and bay (Rt 52). This leads you into Ocean City (9th Street). The first light you come to in Ocean City will be Bay Avenue. Make a left there and go until you come to 6th Street (it is marked). Go through that intersection and you will see the ballfields on your right. On the left will be the Bayside Center (520 Bay Ave). It has a large front lawn and the building sits back on the bay.

Coming from the Parkway heading North: Take the Parkway North to Exit 29/Somers Point, right past the toll plaza. This is Rt 9. At the first light, make a right and head straight to the Somers Point Circle. Go partway around and head for the road with the bridges going over the bay (Rt 52). Follow directions from above.

Coming North through Ocean City: Take West Ave up to 5th Street. Turn left and go to Bay Ave. At the light make another left. The Bayside Center will be on the right, across from the ballfield.

Coming South through Ocean City: Do I really have to go there???
Just find Bay Ave!

[ 03-17-2005, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Nice job on the directions Dave, Lou Rodia Gave the SJCFA a full story line in his weekly report in the Cape May Star and Wave. He talks about fly fishing in general, about the orginal fly club that started many years ago in south jersey, with such famous members like, Lefty Kreh, Lee Wulff, Joe Brooks, Stu Apte, Leon Chandler, Bob Popovics, Cap Colvin,and Mark Sosin. Then he goes on about the new teaching club, SJCFA.

The article is very informative and highlights our club and our activities along with where and when we meet. I will bring it along to tonights meeting. We couldn't of got a better write up.

See, everyone tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts