BASS BARN banner

SJCFA NEW MEETING PLACE AS OF MARCH

724 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  CapeMayRay 
#1 ·
All systems are go for our first meeting at the Bay Center in Ocean City. Insurance Quotes have come back and we will have the required insurance in effect, which means we are a go for March meeting in Ocean City.

I expect a good turnout from our regular members and our doors will be open to those who would like to check out our club and learn more about fly fishing in saltwater.

#5 ·
The new location will give members a reason to come early for pre meeting fishing or a chance after the meeting for atleast a short session. Our meeting room is on the second floor and is 17 by 40 feet. We may have to put shades on the windows to keep everyone paying attention instead of day dreaming and looking out at the bay.

For those that have to travel a little further for the meetings, you will find it worth the extra effort.

I have a couple of new people that want to join and will be at our March meeting. Spread the word, and lets get a good turn out for our first meeting.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Splash:
Waving to us while fishing the sodbank across the channel will not count as attendance.
What if I pull up in my boat to drop off the flies for the drawing..LOL ;)

This has really rejuvinated my excitement for the club.

#8 ·
Ray---you're the man, despite the fact you have wreaked havoc on my excuses for lack of attendance.
Not really kidding, but looking foward to seeing ya fella's in March.

REN

BTW...........
Is there a dock nearby?
And can meetings be re-scheduled for 1 hour after sunset during peak fishing season?

REN

#11 ·
Chris:
Yes, the Center has a dock in back. The meetings will be scheduled so we all can get out of there one hour after sunset!!

#13 ·
Jay, you are right, Web site just got changed over to our new host yesterday. I sent Dave Gelona info from our host. As soon as we can figure out how to make changes without messing up anything we will. Our goal is to update it as soon as possible and have maybe three persons that will be able to make changes. It looks simple but it is a lot harder than it looks.

#15 ·
February meeting will still be at our old home. It will be the last time. I spoke to Joe Doyle today at the Atlantic City Boat Show. Joe will be showing us basics of rod building and it is probably a good idea to bring along tying stuff if we have time. Everyone seemed to like where we had three guys tying different flies and they could have one on one with those tying.

Business end should be keep to a minimum so it should be a fun night. We will have applications for the 2005 and we will be collecting dues for the new year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.