BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picnic went off very well. Thanks to all that attended. For those that missed it you missed a fun time. Weather was warm and the food was great. Thanks to all those that worked to make it happen, JOB WELL DONE. As you know we are a non competitive fly club so we broke out the bait outfits for some snapper blue action. Fishing was extremely slow off the dock. I thought I was going to run away with the largest fish of the day a 4 inch snapper, which held almost till the end of the picnic.

I was beat by the best, Alex, son of Brad. Father and son pictured above. Alex lost mabe a 12 incher earlier in the day came back in the closing minutes of the competion and beat me out by 1/4 of an inch.

Alex was the top gun missing a small croaker also.
Can't wait for the rematch.

Reggie worked on casting with anyone intersted improving their casting. Was nice to meet family members of fly anglers and all had a great time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ray thanks for the post of the pictures. Alex, Jen and I had a great time. Next year will be even better. It was a hard pick at the dock. You forgot to also say, that besides beating the President of the Club, he also beat his father hands down.

Next year will be even better. Keep up the good work. To all the members that did not attend, you missed a great time. Everyone should make it a point to make it to the events that the Club has. Supporting the Club is more then paying your Dues. Without people showing up at the events/meetings the Club will not grow. Please, if you have a new fly you are working on or would like to share with the club, bring it and or your stuff and show us. If you have heard about a fly or a way to cast or a type of fish to target, ASK. The only question that is a bad one is one that is not asked. The only way we advance, individually and as a Club, is to get involved and share. Don?t be shy.

About 7 years ago, I joined another club, the ASWF, not knowing one thing about SWF. I met a bunch of people and learned a lot very quickly. I keep seeing one person every meeting showing off his stuff. I started to get into tying and saw his tying skills and mine progress very rapidly. It was him and others like him who openly shared what they knew expecting nothing in return. That is how I got hooked. (Thanks Regee?.) That is why I will make the 100-mile trip each way for the meetings and events. Don?t blame the ride or other things, you have to make the time and plan for it. Everyone keep up the good work and get involved anyway you can.

Brad....

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocco, sent me a couple of pictures from the Picnic. Me and my monster blue. No matter how far I extended my hand in front of me that blue still looked small. Reggie and Chuck doing some casting work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts