·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ONE WEEK TO MEETING AT THE SHORE

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Can you believe it, a short run for us shore folk for a change. Short meeting and long fishing, sounds like a winning combination. Just need good weather and good fishing cause we know the company will be good.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I can't wait. I don't get to fish corsons that often, so I'm really looking forward to this meeting. I'm going to tie up some flies tonight, a few for the club raffle and a few to fish with.

What are good patterns to use in that area at this time of year? I'm definitely bringing a few dark colored bangers for later in the evening, and I always fish with deceivers usually pink or chartreuse, but I'm not sure what other fly(s) would be most productive while the sun is still up? Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Jiggies/clousers, any colors. Get down deep.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Looks like the tide will be comming in for most of the time. I would think that would be good for fishing. How about it from those that know and fish the area?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I"ll be there.Will be driving straight from work,pizza,casting clinic and fishing sounds good.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Looks like the weather will be good for Tuesday night so get your gear ready and be prepared. Don't forget your eye protection. I will have the club's box of protective glasses there if you need them. They are available for a small donation to the club. Cheap price to pay for safety.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Will see you all there! We should be there about 6:15. I can't wait to smell the salty air again. Been too long.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Tom,
You and me both! And I live right on a salt creek, too. Can't get enough of that low tide, sulfer-ridden stench...
I haven't been fishing in a while. It'll be nice to stretch out the old arm. The wind in OC is NNE @ 10 right now, which is perfect for Corsons, but I wouldn't be surprised if it changed to the more typical W or SW @ 15 or 20 in the afternoon and made our casting lives miserable.

I'll see ya'll tonight :D . Mmmmm, pizza.....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
due to a last minute business meeting, i won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight. bummer. :mad: on the bright side though, i may have a new high paying career by this time tomorrow. sweet. :D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Doyle:
Sweet deal. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck! :D Maybe next month you'll be able to afford that new 120' fishing yacht you've always wanted, and then sail around Longport with your skipper hat and outfit on, searching for Jaws...

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Are Wives & girlfriends welcome?? Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts