BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Skippack for the 1st time this year on Sunday the 5th and parked at a lot in the park and went wear I saw all the fisherman. They where all trying in vain to catch a Golden Rainbow aka Palamino. So I went down the creek to a stretch I never fished before and found a nice hole way back in the woods with a bunch of nice trout. I caught 6 before I had to go. I only had a couple of hours to fish. They where all caugth on wax worms with size 10 Gami red trout hooks. Most where lip caught one was a full swallow, tough bugger hope it made it:( .

Any one else been fishing the Skippack. I looked for barn stickers but didn't se any.

GSBB

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I fished there a couple times (opening day and last Wednesday afternoon). Opening day was fun catching and releasing around 25 on a rapala lure in a section that me and a buddy had to ourselves around noon time. Last Wednesday, I went to the same spot and only caught 1. My barn sticker fell off about a week ago and I keep forgetting to put my new one on. I have a green and gray chevy silverado with a cab.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe D,
What kind of Rapala where you using for trout?

GSBB

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Grass Sound Bass Bagger said:
Joe D,
What kind of Rapala where you using for trout?

GSBB
It was the smallest floater they have (F-3). Color and pattern really didn't matter. Slow retrieve worked best.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Fished during my lunch break and didn't catch a thing. Only saw a boat load of suckers flashing themselves.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe D,
I am going after work today the 9th. I picked up a couple of the Rapala F03's they are tiny little guys. Can't wait to use them today. Let me know if you can make it out today.

GSBB

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Grass Sound Bass Bagger said:
Joe D,
I am going after work today the 9th. I picked up a couple of the Rapala F03's they are tiny little guys. Can't wait to use them today. Let me know if you can make it out today.

GSBB
They're expensive little suckers too. I would tie a rapala or perfection loop knot. I tried using a uni knot and if I used a fast retrieve, I didn't get the right action out of the lure. I probably won't be able to make it over today after work. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JoeD,
Thanks for the tip on the knot. Yeah they are expensive. I grabbed four at Harry's in East Norriton and there was no price on them and was surprised at the register.

GSBB

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Made an unexpected stop during lunch :D and didn't get anything with the Rapala. I did see a ton of trout though. GSBB, check your email.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Caught 4 on the new Rapala's JOED said to try. All released. Very nice lures. I also lost another on a wax worm set up.

Question: It is now well after opening day. What is the right thing to do when you know of a good hole with trout and you see someone fishing it. Do you and two others just jump down into with the guy already in the hole. I just don't understand some people. Now there is 4 in one small hole back in the woods. It is a joke sometimes. I would never do that by myself let alone with two others. I know I don't own the stream but.......:mad:

GSBB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts