BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trout were hitting 1/4oz yellow Blue Fox spinners.
Did not trout fish last year and was amazed @ the size of these trout.
They were fat and 15" /17 "'s. Looks like F & G is using the stamp money for good feed.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I was at the Skippy yesterday for the opener; it was a last minute trip. I wasn't going to go because there wasn't much interest from friends and family this year but my wife convinced me to go Friday night (she's a keeper :D ). Got up early to go to Harry's on Germantown pike for a licence at 6:00am and hit one of the main parking areas. It was cold as hell with the wind in my face to boot. Fished for about an hour with minnows and landed one. Finaly I said the hell with this and went back to the truck to warm up. A buddy who I got in touch with late Friday night was there and told me about a spot he went to last year. We decided to make a move after finally defrosting my hands and feet. I'm sure glad we stayed, because we had this particular area pretty much to ourselves and were catching one after the other with no one around :eek:. We were catching them on Rapala lure (F-3) and the trout were hamming them. Ended the day with about 25 trout all released. It was just nice to feel a fish tugging at the end of my line.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fished the Skippy with my 3 young kids,11,9 & 7 caught over 20, all released. My 11 year old daughter outfished most of men. Using wax worms, butter worms and glow jigs tipped with wax worms. Great day for the kids. Went yesterday alone 15 trout in a hour all nice size..

·
Registered
560 Posts
Me and Hammertrained hit the Skippy Saturday at about 10:00, after the initial rush. We got 7 (kept a few for the dogs and cats) and released the rest. Found a little spot off the beaten path that had fish and no competition. Stopped at French Creek to take a look. It looked like the parking lot before an Eagles game (stereos blasting, grills going, trash cans overflowing). No thanks.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Fished the Skippy for 2 hours after work today. Used a Panther Martin spinner.
Only had one hit.
I did see at least a dozen dead fish in the water and there was a lot of trash... Then came back to see Tom Gordon suck....
This afternoon sucked.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts