BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took a ride on the J2 .....wow what a long one 5to5 pretty good slinging 32 of the little critters zero cod ...the ling were nice size ....not much wind either made the temp bearable all and all a lot of fun today

·
Registered
629 Posts
i caught 2
but that was it not to many
if i knew you were aboard i would have said hello. was a really pretty day for the middle of jan. even with the flurries. Three short cod over on the starboard side. and the first whiting ive seen in way too long.Everyone had all the nice fat ling they could ask for... great time had by all

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i knew you were aboard i would have said hello. was a really pretty day for the middle of jan. even with the flurries. Three short cod over on the starboard side. and the first whiting ive seen in way too long.Everyone had all the nice fat ling they could ask for... great time had by all
i'll tell you when we stopped and I went to set up my rod 'up at the bow port side there was ice on the deck and on my rod ....for a second I said to myself did I dress warm enough .....like I said turned out to be not so bad where were you yesterday on the boat

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 thing I forgot ....this was my 1st time on the J2 and I have to give the mate, think his name was ken ,credit ,walked around the boat all day offering help ,and then like edward scissor hands cut that ling ...the great thing was the first fillet looked identical to the last ....cudos to a really good job

·
Administrator
17,848 Posts
1 thing I forgot ....this was my 1st time on the J2 and I have to give the mate, think his name was ken ,credit ,walked around the boat all day offering help ,and then like edward scissor hands cut that ling ...the great thing was the first fillet looked identical to the last ....cudos to a really good job
Kenny & Jimmy are great mates ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kenny & Jimmy are great mates ! :thumbsup:
hey been thinking of trying the gambler next they have been heading east and finding more cod they leave later but ,not saying J2 is slow , the gambler can really boogie. heard the cod catches have been getting better day by day

·
Registered
629 Posts
i'll tell you when we stopped and I went to set up my rod 'up at the bow port side there was ice on the deck and on my rod ....for a second I said to myself did I dress warm enough .....like I said turned out to be not so bad where were you yesterday on the boat
always on the starboard side forward of the door. prettymuch right below the starboard window of the wheelhouse (cappy steve likes to keep an eye on me and make sure im not misbehaving ):D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts