BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Sunday morning we had Mike Feiff, Ed, Doug, Joey, and Chad out for some striper fishing. We worked the same area where we have had a good bite, and boated a couple fish to 32". We had a good amount of bites, but couldn't manage to keep a hook in 'em! Here is Doug with one of the bigger fish from the morning...

Knowing the fish were there, we returned to the same spot in the afternoon with John Kenny's private trip. John, Paul, Jenn, and Christine had AWESOME action, starting about a minute after anchoring up, and continuing just about until the end of the trip. We had lots of slot fish, a bunch of 'tweeners, and a handful of shorts. We ended up boating around 40 bass to 33.5", keeping our limit of slot fish.

Paul with a 'tweener...

Back at the dock after a beautiful afternoon...

Thanks everyone, and can't wait to fish with ya' again soon!

·
Registered
185 Posts
As usual, you are the bomb!
What do you think turned the bite on so much in the afternoon?

We fished all morning sunday- (just north of Barnegat Lighthouse), which I know isn't your area, some bites on pink finess, but couldn't nail 'em. Had to get back to the wives by 1pm- best we could do was switch it up @ noon and grab some flatties. Just curious about what you think turned the bite on.

JJ

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JPHooks, I think the fish will be around for a while. I can't wait to get back at 'em tomorrow!

Jjsax, the fish are there on both tides. They just seem to be biting a little better on the ebb.

TheBoss, I can't wait 'till you can get out there! Soon, very soon! Then, you'll be out there "showing me how it's done!"

·
Registered
548 Posts
thats great to hear hopefully i splash my boat this weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.