BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a fun group of guys aboard today with Scott, Shawn, Traci, Dan, Archie, and Chip.

Overall, the fishing was slow, but there was some life on most of the pieces we fished but the fish were not chewing hard at all. It was a very, very scratchy bite...not aggressive and when you had a bite that you didn't swing on the fish rarely continued their interest.

We fished five drops on our trip today. Stop #1 was a disappointment as there wasn't much life at all. Stops #2 and #3 had some life on them, but it was super scratchy. We boxed a few fish off each stop to 5 pounds, but the bite wasn't on too good. Stop #4 was our best stop. We got a decent pick going where we boxed some fish, including a 7.5lb fish that was Dan's personal best. When this bite shut down, we made one more move and picked a few nice tog along with all the bergals you could handle.

The big fish are still here. We had 3 today hooked up that were most definitely horses. Dan hooked one that he got a few cranks off the piece and then the fish decided he was having no parts of it. It buried him in the wreck and we never got him out. On drop #4, Chip had a moose hooked up that unbuttoned half way up. On stop #5, Shawn had another beauty hooked up that the hook pulled on! Ugh! We had several fish come off today, mostly due to the goofy bite I think.

All in all, a fun day with a fun crew! The weather was really nice and our final tally was 18 keepers to 7.5lbs., with 3 horses that didn't make the deck!

Thanks guys! We'll see what happens next time! :wave: :fighting:

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Scott was talking redempton last night after last weeks trip...he's a glutton for punishment.....and if any fish can drive you mad....its probaly a tog, I imagine it takes years to get honed in on when to swing.....Scottie is a hell of a fisherman and does not know the meaning of the word quit!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought skip was on today's trip?
James, Dan and Archie had filled the seats the night before Skip called.

Scott was talking redempton last night after last weeks trip...he's a glutton for punishment.....and if any fish can drive you mad....its probaly a tog, I imagine it takes years to get honed in on when to swing.....Scottie is a hell of a fisherman and does not know the meaning of the word quit!
You got that right! The tog had Scott's number today...heard more than 1 expletive yelled from his area of the boat, along with some frustrated muttering... :)

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
James, Dan and Archie had filled the seats the night before Skip called.

You got that right! The tog had Scott's number today...heard more than 1 expletive yelled from his area of the boat, along with some frustrated muttering... :)

That I can believe:D...we told him to use your gear...its prooven;)....I also told him to sing the if you dont stop the swing you dont catch a thing dittly to himslef......Love fishing with him, when the lines are in the water he is all business...... my man fishes hard:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That I can believe:D...we told him to use your gear...its prooven;)....I also told him to sing the if you dont stop the swing you dont catch a thing dittly to himslef......Love fishing with him, when the lines are in the water he is all business...... my man fishes hard:thumbsup:
I have a feeling he'll be back again seeking vengeance!

Its always a fun time on the AdamBomb. The Tog humbled me today :eek: and Bergals SUCK :thumbsup:
Always fun brother! Thanks to you and my little buddy for always coming out! Shame that bigguns got off for ya! It was a NICE fish! Traci had the herky jerkies today for sure!!!! :D :)

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scott does not know the meaning of quit......he will get it down, at least we know who to thank for the tog tacos on super bowl sunday...pics to follow:D
Sounds like a WINNER! We were talking some serious food/Superbowl grub on the way in today! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As always Adam I know you were working *** off. Shawn sorry to hear the Big One came unbuttened. Thats why you will need to get back out and get-um. I know the feeling of those bastards being able to humble a man. I did not see Tracy's name mentioned I guess he behaved. LOL Hope to get a trip with you guys soon. TJ

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As always Adam I know you were working *** off. Shawn sorry to hear the Big One came unbuttened. Thats why you will rneed to get back out and get-um. I know the feeling of those bastards being able to humble a man. I did not see Tracy's name mentioned I guess he behaved. LOL Hope to get a trip with you guys soon. TJ
TJ, he didn't do any tangling, but man from start to finish I thought he had drank about five 5 hour energies as his lips didn't stop moving! My ears are still bleeding(along with everyone else's!)! :eek::D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Nice sounds good. I wish I would start to hear some reports but from what i gathered from up north it has been a slow start. It will happen and I am ready. May need to get into some deeper cooler water with this warm weather.

·
Registered
540 Posts
As always Adam I know you were working *** off. Shawn sorry to hear the Big One came unbuttened. Thats why you will need to get back out and get-um. I know the feeling of those bastards being able to humble a man. I did not see Tracy's name mentioned I guess he behaved. LOL Hope to get a trip with you guys soon. TJ
Thanks TJ, Yes he was his usual self
Now if we could just get him to shut up. I bring him fishing so he can learn to relax and be patient ( NOT LIKELY)
Oh well He still has a good time though.

Yesterday when i had that biggun on i tried to do everything right to get it up but, some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield :eek: That's fishing for ya

I guess i just need to go more often (oh darn ) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I agree Shawn it seems the more I go the more I want to go more:huh:. As for Tracey I would not want to go without him. He is part of the Bomb family and the day we cant laugh and bust on one another we need to find another hobby. Look foward to next time. TJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts