BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like we need a small boat forum for boats under 23ft that fish the inshore grounds to share Intel. I fish a 21ft angler out of TI and fish as far as the cigar. If you are interested and would like to share Intel feel free to chime in. Have a nice weekend.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am in a 25' CC, so I suppose I technically don't qualify. That said, I am very new to fishing these areas and would love to take part!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Last week started drift from the most eastern wreck of the TI reef. Picked up a Brown shark about 30 minutes in on bunker. Saw large schools of bunker on way in, we were unable to even snag one of them.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Last week started drift from the most eastern wreck of the TI reef. Picked up a Brown shark about 30 minutes in on bunker. Saw large schools of bunker on way in, we were unable to even snag one of them.
sounds like they were spread out then. If they weren't packed into a bait ball then most likely nothing was feeding on them and they were just migrating.

I also run a 21ft angler cc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about trolling the sea isle ridge area this weekend in search of some mahi. Maybe run to the 28 wreck area of the weather allows.

·
Administrator
18,157 Posts
I feel like we need a small boat forum for boats under 23ft that fish the inshore grounds to share Intel. I fish a 21ft angler out of TI and fish as far as the cigar. If you are interested and would like to share Intel feel free to chime in. Have a nice weekend.
A separate forum ?
There's a report sticky at the top of the offshore page or maybe start a thread each week for your area

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I met thread. Just thought it might be helpful info for those that can't make the 40+ mile trek to the tuna grounds.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I run out of cape may in a 22 sailfish. Was at masseys last week and headed out again sat morning. Bow down on 68. Probably headed to the trunk area.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Don't matter, run on the blatter on the way out. Roll it up and store it in the bow or somewhere when its empty then go back to your boats tank. Not too hard to do and not too messy either. Just my experience w/ small tanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Built, do you have a reco for a reasonably priced small bladder? Thinking of picking one up for my boat, 25gal or less. Or maybe a 5-10gal spare fuel container that wont leak?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm trying to get the nerve up to take my 18' Lund 115 merc out of IRI to reef site 10. I'm sure on good days I'll be fine but trying to figure out what a "good day" is before I get out there is according to windfinder.com is what has me concerned. I thinnk I'm gonna find out saturday the hard way.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
We run a 24' blackfin...DOTTIE IV, we should be back in the water in the next few weeks....motor problems at the moment...long ugly story. But we fish the cigar, misty blue, 28 mile wreck and 750 square for shark, and tip of the trunk for tuna when they are there. We are limited on range only holding 100 gallons in a 9000 lb boat, we striper fish in the fall and hit the reefs from the oc reef down to the cape may reef for flounder...DOTTIE IV on 68

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was part of a group that started something similar last year. I will be running to Cigar area Saturday and some pots and ledges.
Always good to share intel.
STARGAZER on 68/71

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran offshore for the first time to the east lump. Was a little nervous because of 1 motor and a 23' hydra sport. I know it's not that far but the day turned out to be awesome. No major catches but I feel more confident now. Total of 95 miles and 9 hrs on the engine and burnt 23 gals of 110 of the onboard tank. I'm ready to head out further if fish are there. Just need a little more prep. Buddy boat or sat phone at a minimum.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts