BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might fun to have a thread for guys to post pics since it is winter...
Please keep submissions to Center Consoles 30 and under. It is fun to see what boats are running out deep and what they are catching...
I will start it off.... 23 foot Regulator... 30 fathoms... 200lb Blue Marlin...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
AJ, Interesting water color there!

Here's a few of my 25' Kencraft Challenger getting 5 guys 30-40 miles out and covering them all with fish blood. Oddly enough I get better fuel economy with 5 guys, 200lbs of ice and a hold full of fish.

Fun times in Hatteras inlet.

Mad dog Mahi bite got her bloody in minutes.

She's a good little boat. Decent ride, great drift, not too wet and very efficient .

·
Registered
466 Posts
Squid....looks like your fish boxes are in the front...as well as a seat for some of your guys..do you have trim tabs? Maybe that will get you the efficiency you see when you have all that weight up front. The extra weight up front with fish and guys gives you the better economy because your boat might be at a better attitude angle while runnin...just a thought.

BTW...that must have been awesome to have a blue marlin in a cc of that size...pure mayhem it must have been. Makes me think about my CC days...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Squid....looks like your fish boxes are in the front...as well as a seat for some of your guys..do you have trim tabs? Maybe that will get you the efficiency you see when you have all that weight up front. The extra weight up front with fish and guys gives you the better economy because your boat might be at a better attitude angle while runnin...just a thought.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I usually make them sit up front in the bean bag, and bench. They come running back behind the enclosure when it gets wet up there. She runs pretty flat most of the time. She's got a front fuel tank I keep full at all times, that helps a lot. No tabs on the boat, I've thought about it, but I'd rarely need them. Maybe I should invest in masks and snorkels for the crew for when it get's real snotty. :D

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Ya'll have seen the fish pics, I will change it up..

Who needs a sportfish with enclosures like this:

Many screa, comfort, you'd be hard convincing this guy:

a day in the bay with family, a 50' sportfish doesn't offer this fun in the sun room.

Overnight in the canyon, who wouldn't:

Aride home form the canyon:

training:

Reg gunnel height too low, O NO

Not waht you like to see when 100 off in a CC:

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
My 21 Mako:

My 23 Reg, yes that is ice on the gunnels, why anyone would want walls around them I just don't get...

23 REG

23 Reg console:

back to back offshore trips, on a 23. How real men rest. This was while going too the canyon, again. Few boats would allow this at the bow!

Sportfish my ***, this is way I roll. Toe to toe looking over the bow, i wanna be there now.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here are some more...
23 Regulator.... Sept 2009.... Wilmington.... 500 fathoms... First White Marlin on The Crimson Tide... no additional WM will be boated for pics in the future...Chubby Capt to loose weight this winter :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
AJ ...

You are one hairy arse firsherman....I guess you don't feel the effects of windchill with a coat like that! Just jokin..Damn I need to get out! Who wants to go out on a 32' Hat with heat for those toggies out of Delaware? I just might dewinterize....I'm still in the water...and unemployed as of this past Monday. Who's in??

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AJ ...

You are one hairy arse firsherman....I guess you don't feel the effects of windchill with a coat like that! Just jokin..Damn I need to get out! Who wants to go out on a 32' Hat with heat for those toggies out of Delaware? I just might dewinterize....I'm still in the water...and unemployed as of this past Monday. Who's in??
I don't even have to put a coat on until December....:D:D

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Here are some of our "trophies" from our old POS 19' Robalo that we repowered with a new 2001 Yamaha 115 in 2002. We ran that boat 30+ miles offshore with an extra 27 gallons of fuel under the leaning post and the 6 man raft on the bow :D We caught more and bigger fish on that boat than all other boats I have had...combined.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.