BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report is a bit late, sorry

Headed North for 3 days with Snookmaster.
First night Steve landed a nice short around 20 inches. Day # 1 and Day # 2 were NOT the best. We caught a TON of blues, about 20 a trip and had TWO Palm Beach releases of bass pushing 10-12 pounds. Not fun. I did the chunking thing in skinny water WAY back almost to the parkway and around bridges and main channel. No flounder or weakies for us, did not seeing any caught as well despite the reports. Night fishing was NOT good

Thought we were gonna take a skunk, honest. On a hunch decided that maybe, just maybe those blues pushed the stripers outside. Got lucky and finally had a chance to hit the inlets and surf and we did get into them. Landed about 10 bass, all slots. Can't say we got our 20 poundah which is what we came for. Nother trip planned real soon

Check out SnookMaster holding up a nice 27 slot and another 24 slot

We released all our bass, didn't want to teach Steve bad habits of killing slots :D

Take Care

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Nice Job Doc and way to release um' for another day!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack

Think I missed the real action by about a week. I am officially in your fan club cheering you on for the Duke Of Fluke !!!!!!!!

Thanks Keith, do you believe me a catch and release !!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I want everybody to know it was blast coming to NJ and fishing. A little bit on the cold side but great scenery and the fishing was superb. Dr.Bass really showed me great time.Look foward to coming back again in the near future.His Mom and Dad were great host to. Really made feel at home.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I saw you guys one of the days in the ICW. The fishing was better before the blues showed up. A friend of mine on the Misty had a blue with an 8 inch bass in it's belly in 2 pieces. :eek:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Blue sure do show no mercy on anything including fingers.........

·
Registered
168 Posts
They are a pure eating machine of all. Even their own..

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by aimless:
I saw you guys one of the days in the ICW. The fishing was better before the blues showed up. A friend of mine on the Misty had a blue with an 8 inch bass in it's belly in 2 pieces. :eek:
Sorry we missed ya, we will get together next time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.