BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with this stuff????? I have never seen so much of it over such an extended period of time. Is that stuff floating in the water dead? What is it officially called? You can barely get a cast in during a moving tide without that stuff covering your lure...even poppers don't fair much better!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was out yesterday loaded up the cart went down to check it out didn't look too bad. I walked out to the surfline casted with no bait just to see how bad it was waited about 15 seconds and reeled in. I had most of the line in when it clogged the tip of my rod and had to pull it off before finishing reeling in. Packed up and left. I didn't even crack open a clam.

Snotweed: snot seaweed, snotalgae, just a pain in the butt.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I hear you Tom,
I don't know what its called,but it is a real pain in the you know what...
Snot is a good term,because it is slimey and
green.I was working a MirrOlure the other night
and for two solid hours when the tide was running its hardest I had to clean off my lure
after every cast & retrieve..Not fun picking it
off of three trebles in the dark...
Needless to say,I did not get a bite, I moved and
found cleaner water and some fish.....

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
WEST AVE, I do think that the high tides did have a lot to do with the grass. It should clean itself out. I'll know when I go out on Friday night.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
It made a southern Cape May Co. spot unfishable a week or two ago. Every cast, just as NS said. Really annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts