BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know ...me and half of NJ after this weekend's forecast. I'm lookin for an operable gas powered, 2 stage. Age is not as important as condition.
Lookin to dump $200-300 . Can't do a new one this year. The plow on the lawn tractor just ain't cuttin it when more than 8" of snow falls.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
I BOUGHT A TORO SINGLE STAGE 2 YRS AGO FOR 350.00
NEW. DRIVES ITSELF WITH PULLING ACTION .SOLD THAT BIG BULKY THING. IT ATE THREW THE 2FT OF SNOW IN LAST YEARS BIG ONE AND THE 30" OF TWO YEARS AGO.
HAVE A BUDDY THAT PLOWS AND HE ALSO USES THEM FOR ALL HIS JOBS.LIGHT AND EASY. YOU CAN WALK CIRCLES AROUND THAT BIG 2 STAGE UNIT.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Phish...if it works for a professional it would probably fit my needs. I got 150' of driveway to clear and usually swing by my neighbors and clear his too. So I'll include a good single stage to my search.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
YOu can charge your neighbors 10.00 per driveway.
thats what i do. mine is allready paid for.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I have one that is about 25 years old from Sears.
I couldn't get it started last Friday so I bought a new one. I just didn't have time to mess with it. If you want it, you can have it. I doub't it would take very much to get it running again. I'm in Williamstown.

·
Registered
73 Posts
All I can say, here in Delaware,..you can not buy a blower, thrower, or a plow! If only I knew then, what I know now! Have we all not said that?
If it wasn't for my bud Tom Bradshaw bailing me out, I would still be shoveling out!
Go for power, if you can get it, 8hp or more.
Those Damn shovels with the curved handles still hurt if you ask me!
Greg

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by 2dogs:
I have one that is about 25 years old from Sears.
I couldn't get it started last Friday so I bought a new one. I just didn't have time to mess with it. If you want it, you can have it. I doub't it would take very much to get it running again. I'm in Williamstown.
You have mail!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Jim Lutz picked up the snowblower. While I was waiting for him, I gave it a couple of pulls and it started and ran fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the offer 2dogs...I snooze and lose!
That would have been fine ... I've been bendin wrenches for longer than I care to remember, so a Fix-it would be okay. I weathered the storm after plowing 4 times with the tractor. Just think there was a time that I actually enjoyed watching it pile up to the window sills. Still lookin guys!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Aquaholic, I waited till this morning to hear from you. Assumed you weren't interested. I had 4 others email me about it. Jim Lutz was first after you.
Sorry, maybe Lutz will sell it to you.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
JUST GO YO THE ORANGE BOX AND BUY A NEW 1 STAGE.
YOU WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I checked map quest and have to agree with you . It's 86 miles one way... be almost spring by the time I got back home. Thanks again for the response. An older Ariens would have fit my need well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts