BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im off all week from work, and even with the "Honey Do" list, I have plenty of time to get the line wet. The question is when, where, and how?

Should I :
- Fish in the back in the Kayak? (Since Ive recently purchased the Kayak, Ive never fished at night, and Im not going to make my first night trip solo) Therefore only a day trip is possible.

- Fish out front during the day with bait?

- Fish out front at night with bait?

- Plug the surf?

- Throw in the back bays?

This probably isn't a bad dilemma that I have, but I am somewhat indecisive. Any help would be much appreciated.
Also if anyone needs someone to fish with, let me know.
I also wanted to add that I may take my father (who is restricted to bait fishing only) on a trip. Any advice on where to take him? He told me that he would like to surf fish on the bay. Either East Point or Reeds Beach. Anyone doing anything from the surf in the bay?
Once again, let me know... and thanks in advance for the advice.

Mike

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
If I had a week off. I would fish for stripers at first light or last light with 2 rods on the beach near a jetty. 1 rod baited w/ clam, 2nd rod I would plug with a popper or a bomber a because there is a lot of mullet in the surf. Only problem is I fish LBI or IBSP.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
With all week you can do it all. If plugging the surf I would go with a small swimming plug. I don't know.... oh, maybe a Crystal Minnow. ;) No need to cast far. Good Luck.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Mike, Good Dilemma in my book.. I would surely trade you for mine....
I like what was mentioned above,give them all a try...
Taking your father would be #1 in my book,going to fish the Del.Bay would be a great idea and I am sure he is looking forward to it...

Post a message in the Kayak Fishing Thread
to see if anybody is heading out this week at night.I believe quite a few were out and about over in OC last night...Maybe someone will hook up with you...

Hitting the LBI or IBSP Surf is another good choice although the action is not very consistent
at this time there is still some nice fishing going on with both bait and plugs..

Good Luck and Have A Great Week, Make Sure You Keep Us Posted On Your Travels....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts