BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launching at 10am sharp on 3/29. Chompers is almost ready, detailed. New enclosure in process, the bottom will be done next week. And the rest of the 2010 goodies will be done by 3/29. When are you guys splashing?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
First or 2nd week of april.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looking to splash 2nd weekend in April also..Will be running out of Shark River this year since Manasquan River Club raised my slip by $1G..Nicer run out of SRI closer to inlet & fishing grounds..Hope Everyone has a GREAT SEASON!!!!!!!Stay Safe!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
When the stripper gonna be ready ?

Spent the last 3 days getting the boat ready. Today had her running just need to put the rods and tackle box in the boat, i'm ready. New stickers on and the trailer plate sticker.

Going out of keyport.

What temp, should the water be for the good tasting stripper?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fishing partner

My 14 year old son is my fishing partner, he started HS and is on the football team.

So it's football and nothing else. Maybe this year he will give me a few hours and go fishing with me.

Last year he went with me a grand total of one time. My boat got wet maybe 4 times, maybe less.

But i was on my friends boats fixing this and that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
New spot !

Was watching this new show on tv they were catching flatties near the VZ bridge.

I never fished there have seen boats with lines in the water, near there. Lighthouse, know the spot?

I'm usually near 19, Princess bay, and the rip, radio sticks.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Chief Allen, I know what you mean about the sports and stuff...been there too.Its time well spent and he'll be back fishing when time allows for sure.
Between football, baseball for the guys and dance school and piano , weddings,birthdays,babtisims,funerals,anniversaries,parties, relatives visiting ,with work mixed in too,I should be fishing by October in time for the FALL run..
If I drop everything...hopefully by April 15th.

·
Registered
518 Posts
check your insurance

April 15 is when my insurance mandated layup period ends. You may want to check your policies so that you have coverage if something happens. Most policies have layup that are Dec 1 - April 1. I stay in later in the fall so I had my lay up switched to Dec. 15 - April 15.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hopefully 1 to 2 weeks

Got as much as I could done before sergury for deviated septum last Fri. Now things are starting to feel a little bit better. So I'm trying to get the last few things done. Some of the things are rough because even though I still can't breath through my nose I have to be careful what I breath (possible infection). Thankfully some of my crew has offered to help out. So with any luck ,before the end of the month would be nice.:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was watching this new show on tv they were catching flatties near the VZ bridge.

I never fished there have seen boats with lines in the water, near there. Lighthouse, know the spot?

I'm usually near 19, Princess bay, and the rip, radio sticks.
ambrose channel... i've gotten pretty good at fishing it, when the tides arent screaming that is:D:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
April 15 is when my insurance mandated layup period ends. You may want to check your policies so that you have coverage if something happens. Most policies have layup that are Dec 1 - April 1. I stay in later in the fall so I had my lay up switched to Dec. 15 - April 15.
hrm... what are you paying for insurance? my policy doesnt have a layup date at all, and lets me charter on it, for an assumed vessel value (survey value, not bluebook)..also includes $500 of towing and insurance for my trailer.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This just in; AHMM first launches will be 4/7.

With all the damage at the Harbor (rumored to be over 3mil); they have moved all of the launches back to start 4/7. I am holding out hope that we will be able to get in earlier but that was the word from the office today.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Water looks like crap

Went down to the dock today. Lots of junk in the Manasquan. Dock looks as OK as they ever due at the Marina. We don't have the best docks to begin with, but I' still think Wed. or Thur. Some back water Bass sounds like it might be the ticket for the next couple of weeks. I just want to be on a line with 2 jerks on it.:cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.