BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant remember wind like this for such a long period of time...It really feels like every single day so far this spring the wind has been relentless. Any scientific weather reason for the onslaught?

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
SPRING TIME ALWAYS IS WINDY. I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I LIKE TO DRUM FISH AND EVERYTIME I GET A CHANCE TO GET OUT ITS BLOWING. SORRY. ITS MY FAULT. WHEN I CANT GET OUT ITS ALWAYS NICE AND PERFECT WEATHER.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
josh Friday afternoon I thought I had an ear infection the w*** was blowing so dang hard

all we can do is hope it dies out cant last forever

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yep. That low pressure system just sat there over the Great Lakes for the past 2 1/2 weeks and gave us that persistent westerly with the occasional rain and tstorms. Now it seems to have finally pushed on so we should be getting back to regular weather patterns now.

Could have been worse. You could live in New England.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
to a fisherman, wind is definately a four letter word

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Originally posted by NJAngler Bill:
Yep. That low pressure system just sat there over the Great Lakes for the past 2 1/2 weeks and gave us that persistent westerly with the occasional rain and tstorms. Now it seems to have finally pushed on so we should be getting back to regular weather patterns now.

Could have been worse. You could live in New England.
Bill Donavan is dead on the money.

Once we had gotten through those thunderstorms the wind shifted to north then to NW.
I think by tommorow it should pull from N to W and then by this weekend come from the south once again. And we'll be dodging somemore thunder storms but have relativelly stable weather after they pass.

People didn't realize how big that strom was over the great lakes. Pretty much a hurricane in form and we were only getting hit by the feeder bands turning from the southwest. And they were moving quick the night I was hit by a storm and noaa didn't have a whole lot to say about it until it was tapping me on the shoulder.
Typical Spring: "Changable weather".
You have to costantly keep your "eyes" peeled on the sky, especailly on warmer evenings. The night I was out I had watched the radar read the forcast checked noaa.But 67 degrees, really warm with no wind. Clear skies when I departed the dock and 45 minutes later the sky was a laser light show and I put the hammer down and got out of harms way.They forcasted light and variable breezes from the south, which "could have been" a clue.Just a little to quiet when I left the dock. Sometimes you just can't tell.

[ 05-23-2006, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: insomniac ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts