BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only yesterday when Prespawn fishing was on fire, then today everything are on beds! The extended winter jumping right into mid-spring is causing me some trouble for fishing, but I was able to find a time when things were finally on FIRE!

There are so many ways to catch prespawn bass, but my favorite way is to use soft plastic swimbaits. In this video, I use 3 inch BPS Speed Shad and a 1/8th oz jighead. Sometimes you can use 1/4 depending on depth or if you are on a boat, you will need to play with that so you can effectively comb the water column and see where they are at. Alternatives would be Keitechs and the likes, they all work! Colors - I tend to stick to natural in clear water. Early season i keep it small, but then again u get mainly small dinks. Never the less, it's still super fun. I have caught giant bass and pickerels else where this season, but by far this was the most insane action of all time! Maybe because the conditions were right and I picked a right spot! the wind blow point just held so many bass!

Whats your favorite prespawn bass lure?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks like you found a school of adolescent/young'uns. I'd be all over, within ten feet of, the shoreline looking for beds...that's just me though, lol! Can't stop though when you drop in on action like that!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Whats your favorite prespawn bass lure?
Honestly, I guess I haven't been doing it long enough for I just default with the watermelon green selection of Senkos, and start going through my other softbaits till one works or not. Im learning a bit about BASS behavior during the stages of spawn, and that has influenced bait selection. The chartreuse tail has to my favorite though, for that's produced the most and biggest HAWGS.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, I guess I haven't been doing it long enough for I just default with the watermelon green selection of Senkos, and start going through my other softbaits till one works or not. Im learning a bit about BASS behavior during the stages of spawn, and that has influenced bait selection. The chartreuse tail has to my favorite though, for that's produced the most and biggest HAWGS.
I like to comb water early spring to cover water and find fish. i go for numbers and eventually a big one would hit.. i hope haha!

Looks like you found a school of adolescent/young'uns. I'd be all over, within ten feet of the shoreline looking for beds...that's just me though, lol! Can't stop though when you drop in on action like that!
LOL yeah when they are on fire.. gotta go get them. but there's not much big bass in this spot. if so i'd leave them alone given that the amount of crappies and bluegills exceed the # of large bass. Don't want to hinder their spawning rituals.

Wow looks like a fun day.
Definitely a fun one :)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Good job jstyle, I'm glad you posted the video to show there are days on the water that are truly Insane, keep those videos coming, I enjoy looking at them. Tight Lines my friend.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good job jstyle, I'm glad you posted the video to show there are days on the water that are truly Insane, keep those videos coming, I enjoy looking at them. Tight Lines my friend.
Thanks for the kind words! yes there are times when fishing is just so amazing. This was only a snippet of a main video i'll be releasing tomorrow. I was doing a crappie fishing challenge w/ a friend and these bass were non-stop getting in the way. There will be way more hookups :) stay tuned!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts