BASS BARN banner

SOLD SOLD!!!Need RoomTohatsu 3.5 L/S needs fixin. $75.00

485 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BayRat 
#1 ·
Motor is a 87-89 Tohatsu 3.5hp L/S. It runs strong and pumps water when it runs but someone rigged it for a remote tank and its hard to start. It should have an integral tank.That is missing. Same motor as a Johnson or Merc or Nissan 2.5 or 3.5. Tohatsu made it for everyone even in the 90's and up.$75.00 takes it.

[ 01-04-2006, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Maritime Matt ]

#4 ·
and the same thing is wrong with it!!!!

#5 ·
Hey Erbby49, That is the motor you offered to me otherwise you were gonna throw it out. And since I've been out of work, I put a full days LABOR into this motor including disassembly of the cowling, removing cleaning and re-installing the carburetor, Removing the flywheel and adjusting the Ignition Points, and attemping to get this thing to start and run right. Obviously if I had the money, I would have taken it and had it repaired. Also the time spent on the phone with various Tohatsu dealers. Time is worth something to me, and I'm entitled to it. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.