BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am back from my annual trip to Florida. What an inreresting trip it was, being that I traveled with my three kids by myself in the van. Wife had to work and couldnt get off so she said that if I was going that my little ones had to go as well and that she needed a vacation from us ;D. Anyway did get to fish three times in two weeks since getting my dad or grandmother to watch three children was a chore in it self. First day I got the boat out was in Little Sarasota Bay in the flats looking for reds or whatever and I got a couple Crevelle Jacks, 2 small Snook a ton of Ladyfish and my favorite fish that I have been wanting to catch for quite a few years now 2 Permit not all that large but it was a long time coming. My friend that was with me caught two nice Reds and some Jacks and Ladyfish. Apperently in the 3 years that he has lived there he has only caught one Permit and I come out of no where and get two in one day how exciting. Next trip was with my kids in the Myaka river and they caught a couple Rays a Sail Catfish and a Lady Fish it was fun for them challenging for me. Last trip in Myaka river with my Dad we got into some Speckeled Trout small Snappers and I got a large Gar that I believe it is a Alligator Gar cause it had some teeth like I have'nt seen before it could do some damage. More pics to come.This is the Permit And Gar

[ 01-08-2006, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: LargemouthTim ]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tim... Nothin like Florida fishin in the winter! BTW, I'm pretty sure thats a pompano, not a permit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its definately a permit I thought the same thing except the permit have two spikes down by the anal fin as the pompano dont have the spikes.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Welcome Back Tim, Thanks For the Report and Pics.
NICE !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Looks like a permit to me. Where were you? Caught several pompano in Cudjoe last week. Nice report.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad has a place in Northport about a half hour below Sarasota. The Permit was caught in the flats in Little Sarasota Bay. Here is a pic of one of the Reds my friend caught first cast of morning. And a Jack and Ladyfish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts