BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radio Road bridge looking west

Radio Road bridge looking east at Big Creek

A certain slip in Great Bay Marina that I was sad to see empty, but glad that it was empty today

The end of Radio Road - entrance to Gravling Point (but not today), and a very calm Great Bay

A familiar view for those that use Roundabout Creek

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there still were some boats in the water. A couple in the first row that looked liked comms/charters, and I didn't notice the rest of the marina. I was too busy trying to not get stuck.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roads in Mystic are plowed, but still snowed covered with a thin layer. Not really slippery, but you still need to be careful. No power issues that I am aware of. Biggest problem I saw was a LOT of totally plowed in cars and driveway with solid 3'-5' walls that were several feet thick.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
How much did you get. 18" in Brick.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Ya were supposed to get another storm on Wednesday. Its crazy, if I have any more snow days im not going to have any summer left to do any fishing.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joey thanks for the update Im in Springfield Pa we ended up with 2ft here unreal and more to come next week.
About 1.5 feet here. It's hard to tell because of how much it's blown around. 5 ft drift against one side of the house, bare driveway on the other.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I think we fared better than the last big storm. It only took me a couple of hours yesterday around noon to shovel the bulk and then another 1.5 or so last night once the snow stopped. I took a ride around town after I finished shoveling around lunch and was able to drive up and down the road OK, but had to watch out for the drifts. My SUV does not have the ground clearance of a 4x4 pickup and I was concered about damaging something under the car...but I humped through the side streets OK. Radio road was plowed....Joey..were you the guy who made the tracks into the Marina? When I went by around 1230, there was only 1 set and all of the Paxton's vehicles were at Jackie's big house on Radio Road....

We also fared better than the folks farther south. I had to run down to sea isle city to deal with a few things at the parents house..they lost some siding and the divider on the upper deck blew over in the storm and was laying on the neighbors deck furniture.....that place was a mess...everything was coated in ice and there was alot of cable wires hanging low and some in the street. I saw a snapped utility pole on 53rd street..the cops had many of the streets closed as well as parts of the main roads.....the trees along the parkway got beat up pretty bad and I passed a convoy of JCP&L Service trucks heading down the parkway to help ac electric get the 80,000 people in cap may county's power back on....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.