BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 V6 Johnson that I need to take off the bracket to have the bracket redone.I am in need of the size bolt that bolts the lifting eye to the flywheel.I tried a bunch of different bolts I had at home and non were it.I found one that started to go but didnt want to force it if its the wrong size & pitch thread.

I also wanted to clean up the rigging to the motor with a cover and transom boot but I have a problem the wiring and hoses goes in one side and the gear and throttle cables comes in the other.I tried to get all the slack out of the cables but it still wouldnt be enough to put them in the sam bundle.Any suggestions?

The last thing is the fuel & oil hoses has a coupling in them after they come out of the transom and the oil line has another one right before it enters the vro pump.I am going to replace all the hoses so my question is can I delete these and run a straight piece of hose or do those couplings serve some sort of purpose?

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I will look for the size bolt on Wed. As for the rigging to clean it up you would need to add a second rigging tube hole. Bring the shift and throttle cable out of one hole and the wiring out of another. We just installed a nice rigging tube to a Proline. If I rember I will post some pics of it. It was under 35.00 for the stern mount and the tube. Yes do away with all the fuel and oil line couplers. That goes for the oil sight tube also. These are just more area's for a air leak to cause all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe,I was waiting for your post:) .As far as addinig another hole I would have to add 2 one for the cables and then one for the hydraulic hoses,correct?
I was tring to avoid adding more holes but it might look nicer.Might there be an alternitive?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I came down last week Mike and I were checking them out,I think there are 2 kinds one that the hose just passes through and the other is like a bulkhead fitting where I would need 2 short hoses to go from the transom to the pump.

As far as the thru hull for the throttle cables do you know who makes it or have a link to it?Im wondering what size it is?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I think it is 1 1/8th. You will need a thinner walled socket to get to the bolt though. I had a 96 evinrude 90hp it was 1 1/8.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts