BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A reminder if you go to the show don't forget to stop by the SJCFA Booth in the Doubletree Hotel.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
You got it Jay. I have contacted all our great volunteers who are working the booth. They know what day they are on and where to get their tickets. For other members and other guys on the barn who post, like Jay said stop by. We are located right outside the presentation rooms in the Doubletree Hotel. The main exibitors are in the front but we are were all the guest speakers put on their shows.

We will have our flyers there telling about SJCFA and what we are about. Steve, our secretary will have membership applications for any who would like to join us. (Don't forget we will have a new meeting day and place come March.)

New Day will be the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the Bayside Center in Ocean City.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
The show went well except that we didnt have any of the people as tiers show up Sunday. We made do with our fine club equipment and materials ;) It was a good time. It was great to see everyone again. Looks like we have some new potential members from the shore area. Things are looking great for the club in this coming year. As always, we all spent way too much money!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Great time! Anything to shake those winter nasties! I hit my spending limit right on, no more, no less...its a victory :D My tackle room is looking very nice after todays trip!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Hipkvw,

Glad I ran into you and Amy, I never did make it over to the Double Tree. Sorry Frank.

I'm looking for 2 10 wt rods, so I spent my time at the show casting 10 wt rods, about a dozen. The vendors are very accommodating. I was able to used the same reel and line for each rod. Some of the rods I went back and cast a second time.

It is truly amazing the difference from one rod to another. What I discovered is, some rods felt very light but once loaded by casting became very heavy, while others started out light and remained so. What was also interesting is I was asked by two separate people at the same time what rod I was casting because it looked like it (they where astute enough to know it wasn't me) had great control. It turned out to be the rod I liked the most.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Brian, Great to see you again. Which rod pleased you the best?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Got back late last night from North Carolina. Made it up in rain, freezing rain and snow without too much delay. Worst roads of the whole trip were down here in Cape May where the low temperatures froze evrything on trees and roads.

Glad show worked out. Got email from Doug Taylor, he couldn't make it to work the show on Friday, his wife had a heart attack. I wished he and his wife well from the club.

Had a good time at family wedding this weekend, but you guys that went to the show had a better time, I am sure.

Thanks, to all those that worked the SJCFA booth as tiers and representatives.

Keith, don't know what happen on Sunday, thought we had tiers and representatives. Email me and let me know who showed up. Jay Caville had two guys lined up to tie for us. Let me know. Thanks for holding down the fort.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ray the two guys are 73 yrs old and were afraid of the weather I had a very slippery trip home but the show was a success for our club JAY

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ray the two guys are 73 yrs old and were afraid of the weather I had a very slippery trip home but the show was a success for our club JAY

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Ray, I didnt bring my stuff because we had guys lined up so I am kind of guilty. Myself, Jay Tenure and Bill Crombie held the fort down till around 1:30. I left and Keys Kid manned the booth till closing. We tied with club vices and materials. Needless to say we didnt impress anyone with our tying...LMAO. It went well.

Jay T had his lap top going. Looked really good. Jay Caville, Frank M, Philly, myself and a few others kept the booth busy Saturday. Was a good day. We got some serious interest.

·
Registered
195 Posts
hipkvw,

I would have to say the Loomis Cross Current Pro-1, one piece 9'10wt.

The problem is there are some other very close seconds and a number of rods that I'd still like to try.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Thats great Brian. I checked them out. Sticking with my St.Croix Avids. If I get more heavily into fly-fishing than I am I would like to get a high end rod. They DEFINITLY make a difference....its not a money or status thing.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Keith and Jay, sounds like it all worked out good. I can understand about the weather. I lucked out myself, cause it was brutal the day before, with heavy ice and many accidents on the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts