BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we don't seem to have a lot of issues around here with beach guys and boat guys casting at the same group of fish at the same time. this fact doesn't seem to hold true everywhere though.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
for some reason, the picture didn't come up when i posted it. if you don't see the picture, right click on the red x, go to properties, and you'll see the web address of the picture. copy that into your browser address bar, and then hit enter and you should see it. pretty cool picture.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Brian Horsley had a shot from Cape Lookout, NC in his ASWF presentation last week of a boat almost on top of a surf fly fisher. The beach there goes from dry sand to 35ft or something in a matter of a few lateral inches. I remember that rip spot from the Harkers trip last year. We were practically casting right at the surf guys while seeing pods of albies in close, which isn't something I'd normally do. I usually want to steer clear of the land-based guys, since they have to work much harder for their fish.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Joe, it is sometimes like that around Cape May inlet with the guys wanting to fish the end of the jetties from land and boat. It was sort of like that last night only we were missing the fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts