BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded for bear, er...bluefin, we were hoping to jig and pop on concentrated marks and surface signs, but that didn't happen. Instead, trolling and searching, we did catch 2 60" BFF on Friday and skunked Saturday. Only 2 times were we able to jig - for about 2 minutes each until the marks were no longer on the screen. The seas were a bit choppy on Friday, but not bad and certainly ok on Saturday until about 11 am when they were sporting up to say the least. I was hoping to get my gf, Lynda, to pull one in, but that didn't happen. A shout-out to the barners from Baltimore and Milford, Eddie and Kevin, who joined us on the trip and who,unfortunately, did not get to test out their new high end/ high tech outfits. Hopefully, it will turn on for them next weekend when they try again!

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Ron, that is distressing news. Sorry to here that.

We were suppose to hit it the later part of this weekend. I had the Wife's half arse weatherman cousin who is a trained and worked on TV look up weather models for OBX. Plus gathered Intel from the Bass Barn guys. And all indications were N and NE an to postpone the trip. Which is what we did.
First weekend in April. Praying they turn on by then.

Once again I am dissapointed to hear nothing but bad reports.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
You weren't going anyplace on Sun/Mon Rick. We got out on Sat and hooked up early with the right one but hook pulled 45 minutes later.After that the wind kicked up and it got real ugly out there. Our only bite/hookup after two days of fishing. A couple of boats found some but fishing overall was very poor. Just didn't seem like a big pod of fish are there as in years past. You might luck out early April.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts