BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The supplier I was using no longer carries marine ply. Would anyone know a source in south Jersey for marine plywood? I called Mahogany Co. in Mays Landing…seems they want you to have an account to buy from them?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
The supplier I was using no longer carries marine ply. Would anyone know a source in south Jersey for marine plywood? I called Mahogany Co. in Mays Landing…seems they want you to have an account to buy from them?

Lowes in some areas actually has it now.

The one in Rio Grande had it last year - and it was real Marine ply. They only had one thickness - but I was happy to see it.

Other than that there is a place between OC and AC - but I forget the name. Lumber supply or something like that - I will look it up as I have bought fill sheets of starboard from them in the past.

·
Registered
13,480 Posts
That stuff is $80 a sheet the last time I bought it, what are you using it for? Can you get away with good quality plywood?

I read some articles on wood rot, they said the best defense on rot was to use straight ethylene glycol (antifreeze) to soak the wood, they tested this with many other professional products and it beat all of them hands down.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies…I never thought Lowe’s would have it. We have a saying in my shop “Lowe’s blows” I guess I need to give them another try.
I’m enlarging my anchor locker, moving the “wall” back 5 inches. The piece that is their now in marine ply and after getting hit with wet anchor line since 1983 it is still in perfect condition. I just need to make a new one that is bigger.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Maybe have Minmar order you a sheet. They have an account with Mahogany (now called NAC).

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally made it to Lowe's in RG this morning...had the marine plywood for $58 a sheet for both 1/2" and 3/4" not bad at all. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
For future reference, Nacote Creek Marina #1 RT.9 South Port Republic stocks 3 different sizes. Nice stuff. You can even see the boats he built with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts