BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are they? If I remember correctly, they are usually all over the place this time of year. Any predicitions for when they will show up? Like most fisherman, I love them when they're not around and hate them when they tear up my lures.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
START AT FA AND TROLL THE BANK NORTH WEAVING FROM THE SHALLOW TO JUST OFF, BACK AND FORTH.WITH AT LEAST 1 DOWN LINE ON A PLANER.

ANOTHER WAY GO TO THE EAST LUMP AND CHUM.

[ 05-24-2006, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
i caught them 2 weeks ago in the surf in LBI so some are here - saved a night of skunk on weaks & bass

seen some 1-3lb class caught in the back

so they are already here

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have fished for them a little bit with nothing to show for it. the other day I fished the back/inlet near OC and had a few hard bites on clam/bellies from what i'm sure were blues. Would probably have been nice 3 or 4 lb fish, but missed the hits. I had mackerel out there too, but that went untouched. So they're prolly just starting to get here. Last year I had a few nice ones to 28"/8lb

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flukaroo,
I was thinking about that corson's area in particular. They are usually smashing mackeral and any plastics/plugs we throw at them. Who knows, maybe that big group is still coming. Last spring was great for big blues in that area.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been getting them trolling plastics and bucktails from my kayak behind North Wildwood for the past couple of weeks on a consistent basis. Mostly in the 6-10 feet of water off the ICW. Roughly 20"/4lbs, but great fun on light tackle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey guys if you are looking for blues they are in absecon inlet and atlantic city back bays i had 1 almost at 10 lbs and another missed and got a load of small baby ones too all on makrel hope it help...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ed, I guess it depends on where you are
fishing. I'm with you though...I've caught 1
blue behind O.C. this year. I was looking back
at my log book from last spring and I had blues
on almost every trip starting at the end of
April. Some big ones too. I'm not complaining
though, I've probably saved a few bags of plastics.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
So far I have been able to avoid them,but someone how I don't think that pattern will last much longer..

[ 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Was surprised not to run into any the past two nights. Fished the incoming and found stripers and herring and lots of bait. Got to try out some of the expensive plastics without wasting them.

RyanF

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I had the most trouble with them in water around 63 to 66 degrees. I won't argue with it if they are 8 to 10 pounds. But the small guys puke all over the deck and bleed like pigs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts